Going to need lots of advice and good thoughts.

Martin Hicks

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A friend of mine has a fuel pressure test tool. Told me what to look for to hook the pressure gauge to. It does not seem to be equipped with this. That said, where the heck do you hook the pressure gauge to test. Thinking a "for sale" sign would look really good onthis car. JK. Man what an episode this is. Will be able to tell my grandchildren about the "great peugeot 405 build " and how it ruined my sanity.

Fuel rail should have what looks to be a tire valve (Schrader valve) on it? Might have to pop off the return line and use that if not.

If there is spark it pretty much has to fire ether.

Google injector noid light and all will be revealed. (Little led that plugs into injector and lights up when pulsed).

Hard fought battles have the sweetest victories. :)

Rabin

There does not seem to have that valve to check the fuel pressure. So will do it the other way. It did not seem to want to fire with the eather. But could get it to fire and run for about 3 seconds. Then it died like it was a lack of fuel, that is why I am chasing the fuel route. Just to let you know my train of thought. Thanks for all the suggestions Bean, going to work them all methodically one at a time.

when i was chasing down my intermittent starting problem (which turned out to be a loose connector on the ignition control module), i used an ignition tester...it plugs in between the cable coming off of the distributor and the individual spark plugs, lets you know when the spark plug is firing. very inexpensive, you can get them at any auto parts place.

andré

• 5 months later...