1989 505 5 Speed STOLEN!!!! --Yellow

It shouldn't be too difficult to spot, but my Yellow Peugeot has been stolen from its storage location in Brampton, Ontario, Canada. It happened on Wednesday morning according to fellow neighbors in that area, all of which were a great help. The way I look at it, the idiot who took it doesn't have a clue as to what the car even is, honestly how far is this idiot gonna get with a 89 turbo 5 speed? I will post pictures for those of you that haven't seen the vehicle, but at this point the idiot is 2 days ahead of me, for all I know it's in a shipping container on its way to the Caribbean, Please, please, please mention this to everyone and anyone you know in the car industry/shipping industry, anything you can think of!!!

Also would like to know if anyone has had one of these appraised?!!? I could use all the help I can get!!! Many of you know this car, and just wanted to remind you that this was my first car, I remember 13 or so years back a few fellas on the forum hated the fact that I had it painted yellow, but hey, it was my first car and fast and furious just came out! My father had these 505 turbos around since I was a toddler and when I saw a 89 with the full body kit, electronic boost control, 5 speed and the torsen diff, I just had to have it!!! This car has more sentimental value than anything, with that said, I would appreciate the insurers to pay me at least enough to be able to buy another, that is if anyone is willing to sell theres, if not I will purchase a turbo no matter what year, and clean it up and enjoy it like I did this one!!

Here's a link to the cardomain page I made over 10 years back: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/710642/1989-peugeot-505/

post-78-0-67688400-1435935680_thumb.jpg

That really sucks man! I would have thought if any car was going to be safe from theft in North America it would be a Peugeot.

Either they had no idea what it was, or they did - and it's bound for a container to Africa.

As for costs - this is one of the reasons I started the registry on this site so that we could start gathering a good database of out cars and their values.

There aren't enough 89's left to get a good market value for them, but you can try ebay past results to see if you can get some decent prices. Steffen sold his 89' 505 Turbo auto for a decent price on ebay ($5900 USD if memory serves).

My plan was to get my car appraised after it's painted so that I can insure it for that value - without stated value insurance or an appraisal it'll be a tougher fight for sure.

Rabin

Just thinking tbat maybe the police can get an advisory to all the ports in Canada - Your car is very distinctive so maybe there's a small chance?

Hopefully it jusy gets found locally once they figure out it's not that valuable here.

Rabin

youre absolutely right Rabin, Ill suggest that to the officer involved with the case. I was thinking the same, hopefully Ill find it hanging around an old barn out in the boonies in a short while, its more the sentimental value that kills me, you could probably imagine the joy I had with it throughout high school, while doing my aircraft maintenance and lastly the mechanical engineering school, it was the topic of each and every break we had during school hours, and the plan to fix it up all over again has been running through my mind for the longest time

This is terribly news and I'm hopping that who ever did this seeks justice. I know how you feel about it and I know well about cars and sentimental values,I could not think for one second what would I do if my MI16 or DSM would get stolen :-(

Now I think your 505 looks good in yellow and no offends to any senior members here but I would not be concern about opinion they may have on your color skim as they come from different era where one foot wheel gap and bench seat was the best thing ever created. Most of them go nuts when you show them how you used VW intake fuel pump or fuel filter...ohhh my god why would you do that? That's not Peugeot part,you are going to have ton of problems...ummm hello it's Bosch Motronic all of Motronic vehicles share a lot of same parts.

I just turned 44 last month and I STILL spend coffee breaks talking about my Peugeot's!

Sentimental attachment to cars is something that runs in my family, so I've actually owned very few cars compared to most, and I have sold even fewer cars (I've never sold a Peugeot) - mostly lost cars via total loss accidents. Take my current Volvo - I drove home both my daughter's from the hospital with it, and when it was TL'd I just fixed it and kept it - love the car.

As for Savo - I love ya man... :P

Rabin

Actually - Doing Craigslist / Kijiji / used adverts, as well as posting on FB for people to share out would be a good way to get the word out as well.

One of the good things about a screaming yellow one of a kind car is it will be very easy to spot even for someone not familiar with 505's...

Rabin

Thanks you all for the positive remarks, the craiglists/kijiji idea is a good idea and I have been doing so. At this point I think I've done almost anything that would come to mind, the authorities have been informed and I'm just awaiting a response from them. I know I will find the car somehow, someway. But WHEN, is the question, Ive had the car for so long that I could Identify it by the wear marks in the carpets! Ahhhh, feeling hopeless at this point but hey, they say things happen for a reason, just trying to keep my head up and ready to accept whatever outcome is thrown at me.

Again I really appreciate your concern, this car was never meant to be sold either Rabin, it was intended to be passed down a couple generations. Anyways, Ill give it a couple of weeks, if not Ill be on the prowl for a 505 turbo, no matter what year, the worst part is that I left the master engine gasket set in the car

We found it!! It was found by a friend of a friend on Facebook!!! Can you believe that? Facebook is a great tool to aid in vehicle recovery, god forbid it happens to anyone else! I had a few friends post a "BOLO" message with a couple of pics of the car and finally yesterday evening someone came forward with an image of the car in a home parking lot. A few items were stolen such as my complete head set, my front grille, they removed the lock out of the trunk, my stereo, they damaged the ignition cylinder, (key wont go in all the way) I am hoping I can notch the key to bypass the little drop lock and get it in to turn the barrel and start it up at the least until I change the cylinder. Other than that they damaged the b-pillar (I believe that's the term, between the the 2 doors) trying to pry open the door to unlock it, which they did successfully, and also stole a few small misc things from the glove box. Thank you all for your help, without these strong automotive communities online, this would never have been this easy!!

Now for another full restoration!! The yellow 89 lives on!!!

That sorta seems fair, maybe even a little generous, given the fact that they usually don't cover sound stuff. Wait- matching the paint might be a witch with a B.

In the future, you might want to consider pulling the fuse for the fuel pump located behind the cigarette butt tray. At least they won't drive it away, and it won't cost anything. Just don't misplace the silly fuse..

-Billy

Oh, the theifs werent smart enough to start it up, they attempted to turn the ignition barrel, but got stuck trying to get past the 'drop pin' if you wanna call it, I havent attempted to get it started as yet, letting insurance give me their thoughts before I get at it, at this point Im just glad its back! Yeah, matching the paint will be tough, but thats the least of my concerns at this point, I just want to drive it!