front bumper on my 505 wagon is euro'ized

rickcjmc

Very nice Rick! Ive stopped short of doing the same mod as I didnt think it would colapse enough to be flush with the front of the wheel well arch - but yours looks perfect.

Any trimming of the bumper need along with colapsing bumper shocks?

When will you attempt the back bumper? ;)

Rabin

I noticed when I measured everything that it is 4" for the shock length and the filler plate is 4" as well. I drilled a hole in the bumper end of each shock and they de-pressurized (air/nitrogen filled). They collapse by hand at that point. I used some RTV and a screw to keep them collapsed (I figured they'd move a little bit dependent on temperature. I did some trimming on the out board ends where they slip on the fender brackets, the grooves that slide onver the bracket runs out to the edge of the bumper side and interferes with the fender lip. I just trimmed about 2" off flush to the inide of the bumper and it looks fine now. I popped my head under the rear and those look like welded non 5mph supports so those may need to be cut and welded. I have moved on to a fiat today so.......... Hey Andre, I just need to find a set my wallet can handle. I met a fellow on ebay from Argentina that could get them for a good price but the shipping was astronomical. So....we wait for the right set to come along!

Enjoy the day guys!!!!

Rear should be bumper shocks as well - I have colapsed on when wrecking a car just to see how much it would go in...

Thanks VERY much for the details - definitely on my todo list in the future.

Rabin