reproduction decals

andrethx

i'm offering two types for sale currently...the decals in the plastic bags in the photos are the original reference decals.

underhood "Made in France U.S. Model"

PhotoMay31100259AM_zps1a03b117.jpg

inside-fuel-flap for petrol models ("Unleaded Fuel Only - Essence Sans Plomb")

PhotoMay3195515AM_zps07f120e0.jpg

Made in France -- US$6.50 each

Unleaded Fuel Only -- US$5.50 each

set with one each -- US$10

shipping to US or Canada is included -- for other shipping locations, please contact me for a quote

paypal accepted as payment

if interested, please PM me on this forum or post in this thread and i'll contact you.

hopefully this is the first of many offerings, rabin and i have been discussing this for a while and it's my hope that we'll be collaborating on other things in the future. these decals were "low hanging fruit" in terms of investment required & anticipated demand....i'm interested to hear about your ideas for other products we can produce for our cars! :)

andré

This is great guys! Are you going to reproduce any other?

there are some guys in france who make reproductions of some of the decals already...."caution -- pressurized cooling circuit" (the red one), "caution -- permanent cooling liquid" (the blue-grey one) & "caution - alternator" (white with red letters) are all available, although i haven't bought any of them so i can't vouch for the quality...though wilfrid in france has a vendor that he recommends for these. wilfrid's guy even makes the stencils to re-paint your paint code under the hood. with regards to the 505, the only other decal that isn't available (as far as i know) is the lockheed yellow decal. which makes sense, as it's specific to north america. this one:

IMG_7416_zps65d8a96b.jpg

so that's my current thinking as to which one to do next...but i'd like to hear what everyone else thinks. are there any decals on your 405s that you haven't seen available, savo? pics would be appreciated!

i'd also like to offer a "made in france - canadian model" decal, but since i'm in california, i don't know if that decal ever existed. the canadian members i reached out to said that they thought that their cars had this at some point, but nobody could point me to a sample. :( so if anyone out there has any information about this, i'd love to hear it.

i should also mention that (my hope is that) decals are just the start. there are lots of other bits for our cars that are NLA (no longer available) that we could possibly offer. i'm thinking that working one's way up in terms of expense & complexity is the best way to proceed.

andré

• 3 months later...

i think that savo is right, i will try to stock all of the decals eventually so that we don't have to order from france....however, for now i'm concentrating on the north america-specific decals since they aren't available anywhere.

next decal will probably be the fuel flap decal for the diesel 505s; a fellow forum member is sending me an original (since i don't have a diesel peugeot) to reproduce. for his efforts, i'm going to send him a couple of the decals when they're done in a few months. i'm not sure if this decal is unique to north america, but i haven't seen it available anywhere so it gets priority. next will probably be the lockheed decal mentioned above.

i'm thinking about offering the decals on ebay, as well...

andré

• 1 year later...

those of you who've been following in the facebook group know that i'm currently having these two decals made:

Photo%20Apr%2018%209%2026%2049%20AM_zpsp

these should be done in a few weeks, pricing will be similar to the others, will need to work out the package price for a set. i also need to list them on ebay.

next to be done (a couple of months after these) will be the fuel flap stickers for the diesel cars.

andré

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

these new decals were quite a bit more expensive than the earlier pair that i had made; so after a bit of deliberation, i've decided on a pricing model. rather than charge a high price for the new decals and a (relatively) low price for the older ones, i'm going to charge a medium price for all of them. From this point on, decals will be US$8 each, or two $14 or 3 for $18. that price includes shipping to the US or Canada (contact me for shipping to other countries). I currently offer the following decals:

1) Made in France/US Model

2) Made in France/Canadian Model

3) Unleaded Fuel Only and

4) Lockheed/brake fluid info.

To buy, message me. Paypal accepted.

Apropos of decals and stickers, if anyone out there is thinking of repainting a ZDJL air cleaner box, let me know and I'll see if I can find the leftover dry-transfers I had made to reproduce the text on top when I did mine.

medium.IMG_1004.jpg.0960b8071b361b192881

22 hours ago, 10PARUE said:

Apropos of decals and stickers, if anyone out there is thinking of repainting a ZDJL air cleaner box, let me know and I'll see if I can find the leftover dry-transfers I had made to reproduce the text on top when I did mine.

medium.IMG_1004.jpg.0960b8071b361b192881

that's really cool! i'm geeking out over this. :)

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

so i finally got around to sending the diesel fuel flap decals/autocollants to the printer -- i'll let you guys know when these are ready. the "attention diesel" stickers are for 504s and 604s, and the "diesel fuel only" stickers are for 505s and 405s...

diesel_zps67gz05p7.jpg

once these are done i will most likely start on the other engine bay decals, which are currently available from europe but not from any north american sources (AFAIK)...

andré

thanks for pointing this out, goce. matter of fact, we never got the diesel 405 models in the US & Canada -- i was just assuming that PSA updated its stickers in the 80s. More likely, though, PSA probably just started using a North America-only diesel sticker ("diesel fuel only") with the 505 models that was more in line with North American laws and/or customs.

• 1 month later...

the new diesel decals came in, they look pretty good:

Photo%20May%2018%205%2024%2042%20PM_zpsw

As before, decals are US$8 each, or two $14 or 3 for $18. that price includes shipping to the US or Canada (contact me for shipping to other countries). I currently offer the following decals:

1) Made in France/US Model

2) Made in France/Canadian Model

3) Unleaded Fuel Only

4) Lockheed/brake fluid info.

5) Diesel Fuel Only

6) Attention Diesel

To buy, message me. Paypal accepted.