Anyone try "euro'izing" thier bumpers?

rickcjmc

I've been able to discharge them with a cutting torch, but I would guess drilling a hole into the piston would do the same thing. Only caveat is that once collapsed - they should be spot welded where you want them...

I was actually looking at replacing the whole shock with a metal tube - much lighter, as the shock assemblies are quite heavy.

Rabin

Thats kind of what I was thinking, I figured collapsing them the roughly the distance of the filler panels (silver/gray) on top of the bumper would surfice.

On a side note, the glass fuel bowl on my filter broke the other day after I had removed it to drain what turned out to be a filter full of water out. John in Hebo had replaced the filter housing with what I assume is a 504 assy that removed a problematic diaphram. I did manage to purchase a pair of NOS bowls off of ebay for $20/pair, just waiting for them to show up. I am wondering if I now have water in the injection pump and how best to purge it....?I thought they had a drain on them but have not had a chance to further investagate that.......