505 N9TE Maintenance schedule

Hello all!

I have been searching around for days for something like a Maintenance service schedule. Nothing in the files section here or over at the yahoo group. I only have the owners manual and I have never seen that maintenance record book people mention once in a while.

So things like at what interval do I need to do a valve adjustment?

Does anybody have a handy file with that information?

Thanks much in advance.

--G. Steel.

Good question - but I don't think I've ever seen anything like that...

Personally - I'm of the belief that routine maintenance depends more on the amount and type of use. The only thing relatively constant is oil change interval - but even then - if I've done lots of highway I'll usually extend the interval somewhat.

I change brake fluid and coolant every 2-3 years, complete tune ups when I buy a car, then I maintain them as they show symptoms rather than change things on schedule.

My one caveat is that I will often replace wear parts "while I'm at it" to save time and hassle later... (IE: If one one ball joint/tie rod is loose I replace both sides).

Things like timing or resetting the TPS I do more regularly just to make sure the cars are running their best.

Curious not to see if Peugeot ever listed their own schedule for these cars now.

Rabin

I have the Peugeot Maintenance Record Book from 1989. My scanner is on the blink. I will try and get something typed up.

It's funny, it has no mention of fuel injection adjustment (tps, afm, etc) which are so critical.

There was something in the 83 manual that stressed not racing a cold engine, which is so important, particularly with the cast iron block and aluminum head and the temperature differential. Maybe that has been why i have been able to run mine without incident over the years. I let that oil temperature gauge tell me its okay to get on it if I want.

The other thing missing is the idea of allowing the turbo to cool down after a hard run before shut down by idling for a minute or two. I know Saab books stressed that in their literature. It helps prevent the turbo from getting coked up.

I saw that Saabs specs on their turbos were only at about 6 pounds psi.

-Bill

Here are the main points from the maintenance manual:

DRAIN AND REFILL

Engine Oil 5000 miles

Manual Transmission 30,000

Automatic 30,000

Hydraulic Systems (brake fluid) 30,000

Rear Differential 15,000

LUBRICATION

Propeller Shaft Bearing 15,000

REPLACE

Spark Plugs 30,000