a couple of issues with the new garage module

andrethx

couldn't select model from the "model" drop down (drop down list was not populated)

i looks like pictures are being resized to fit a preset aspect ration in the preview and view windows. not sure, but i don't think it was doing this before (this morning, when i last looked at it).

very cool, though! :)

andré

Sorry Andre - turns out hiding it from the menu at the top didn't work at all, and people are able to add in vehicles. I fgure it's just beta testing though as I'm using the feedback, and noodling around with the look until I get it looking right.

I did find a couple glitches (or what I think are glitches), and one of them was the model field as I can't find out where to populate it. I tried a work around, but still wasn't happy so I put in a support call to see if I can find out how to use the custom fields, how to re-organize, and how to change / delete existing fields so that the form is what I want it to look like.

The collection system *might* have been a better choice - but if I can make changes to the templates and the code to suit what I'd like to see it should still be fine.

Crap - 1 AM again. Damn time flies when your doing this stuff!

Rabin

The odd looking pictures in the thumbnails are also odd looking pictures in the full size versions.

I uploaded all the adverts and they're in various sizes, but they all look normal with balanced aspect ratio's. Jeff's one pic is fisheye'd a fair bit, and that is exaggerated by the thumbnail.

Rabin

I assume you mean KB? Mike mentioned something similar but I forgot to check to see what the limits of the gallery were, and where those limits could be changed.

I did a bunch of mass uploads and there were only a few that had errors so I didn't give it much thought since the upload limit is supposed to be 7MB - but that was gallery and not garage.

Second thought - I'll just add it to my existing service call.

Rabin

Thanks for testing it out Jeff!

I will have to do clean up once I get all the fields into the form that I want. Once that's finalized I'll ask everyone to check their submission and add any info they wish to include.

One of the secondary goals for this registry project is to give owners a place to document appraised values so that if there's ever an accident there is a publicly available DB with appraised values of similar cars that can be used not only for insurance claims, but for other appraisal companies as well. My thought is that if you do have an appraisal, or insured value - you can include that documentation to support the 'appraised value'. (Assuming of course there is no personal info on the document)

Primary goal of course is to start tracking these cars, and hopefully improve and grow the community as these cars get rarer and more desirable.

Rabin

Alrighty - I found the settings easily once I was actually looking for them, and made the following changes:

• Thumbnail format were indeed fitting the pics to a 4:3 aspect ratio, so I changed it to more of a 5x7 aspect ratio which should be more suitable. Reason cited for formating them is to keep the layouts cleaner. (Thanks Andre!)
  • Raised the picture format to 2.5 MB, with maximum pixel size 1600x1200. That should allow nice quality pictures, without having people load up with monster pics.
  • Added in the ability to add a pdf as an accepted file. If that fails - scans of any appraisal doc's will need to be converted to jpeg.

Still awaiting feedback on how to make custom fields with drop downs, edit built in fields, and hopefully re-arrange the fixed template. I may just have to see how much it costs for him to do the customizing so that the custom fields get included in the registry statistics - but I'll see what that costs.

Rabin