Bonne Année! / New Years Resolutions

andrethx

Well, 2014 is here, and with it come the inevitable New Year's Resolutions lists, along with all the new gym memberships etc. which are soon abandoned and forgotten. I wonder if any of you have compiled a list of Peugeot-related resolutions for the year 2014, and if so would you like to share them? Here are mine:

1. Gather up all of my engines that are currently sitting under tarps and in the back of other vehicles and put them somwhere safe and covered properly. Pickle them while I'm at it so they will hopefully last a while.

2. Pull the engines and transaxles out of my two 304s and get them inside where I can work on them. Too much time has passed and I really need to move forward with this project.

3. Pull all the good seats and other easily sun-damaged items out of my parts cars. I got a bit of a start on this in 2013, saving two good sets of velour seats, but I need to finish the job before the sun does it for me.

4. Reduce the vehicle count at the Cayley property by at least eight cars. This will not be eight Peugeots getting scrapped, but rather I'll focus on the other stuff that I can afford to get rid of this year, and begin seriously parting out the parts cars in 2015. Why eight exactly? Well, I've already purchased two more 505s (Turbo and V6 from California) and I'm working on a 405 and possibly one more 505 V6. My commitment to myself is to get rid of two cars for every new one I acquire.

5. Carefully document and photograph all the French autos I have and post the information on this and other sites so that others can see what parts or complete vehicles they might be interested in.

6. Rebuild the alternator on my mother's 505 STI and do the detail work that car needs and deserves. It has almost no rust but poor paint (sun damage to the clearcoat) and I'm going to see what I can do with it this year short of repainting it. It's a great car and drives beautifully. Time to get it back on the road after a year of sitting.

I admit, this is a pretty ambitious list. This time next year I'll look at this post and see how well I did.

So, who's next?

I merged the two posts since they were so similar, and I didn't want to split the answers up... :)

I usually HATE making resolutions as I know they end up as disappointments, but this year I had to make an exception. Like most everyone I've let the holiday season get the best of me, and when I got on the scales this past weekend I was tipping the scales at 215 lbs... A new high for me, and that has to change - so #1 resolution is that I too need to get back in shape.

I started a couch to 5K program a couple months back, but shin splints and knee issues had me stop after week 2 day 1. Today I went to the gym and resumed the program where I left off with no problems - so my resolution is to stick with the Cto5K, and if the body holds out - continue with the program to 10K in time for Spring. If all goes well I hope to be sub 200 lbs, with a target of more like 190 if all goes well.

As for car wishlist:

1. Sell one of the Volvo's (00' V70R most likely)
  2. Finish my garage renovation so I can work on my cars.(Spring)
  3. Need to get my 85' STI (black hazard) stripped down and off to the crusher. (Spring)
  4. 76' 504 to benefit from Black Hazard's tranny and rear suspension - get it mechanically sorted again and hopefully get it ready for rust repairs the following winter. (Spring)
  5. 85' 505 Turbo 5sp needs to be parted out - but might save the shell just in case if I can secure storage. (Spring/Summer)
  6. 86' 505 GL-Turbo 5sp resurrection. (Hoping it'll be my new DD after a 7 year sleep). (Spring / Summer)
  7. 89' 505 Turbo 5sp - I need to sort out and install the big brake and BMW wheel upgrades. (Fall/Winter)
  8. 86' 505 TD wagon - sort out the mechanicals, and get rust repairs done so it passes the safety inspection.(Fall/Winter)

Pretty ambitions wishlist especially considering how little I was able to do this year, but alas I never give up hope, and if all goes well I can at least knock off the first few as they're easy. My biggest and most important goal however is to get my garage done. I simply don't have a hope in hell of doing any of the projects until I get the garage sorted and ready to have cars worked on inside it. Once the garage is done - I need to sort out the 504 as a DD, then start work on the 86 GL-Turbo. If I can get those two cars in decent shape that would be awesome.

Rabin

Nobody else? There can't only be three of us needing to lose weight and with plans for our Peugeot's... :)

What car are you talking about germsteel? There's lots of info online for what causes these numbers, and for tuning / resolving them - but curious what engine you are working with. Usualy recipe is a complete tune up, with a fresh oil change and filter. After that it's usually injection tuning and / cat converter.

Rabin