XD3TE - VGT

Hi

My name is Bruno and i'm from Portugal.

I don´t have a 505, i have a 4x4 portuguese car that has a XD3TE engine.

This was my father's car and was very old so it was made a big restauration.

It has XD3TE with a VGT GT2256v (it makes 1.3bar), a Bosh VE Pump (from 505S RDT 2.3).

It has (see link bellow pag 5) 107cv, 281nm.

I was hoping that you can comment this project and to know if someone has similar upgrade and results.

You can see the full story (portuguese site) in

http://forumm.forumco.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=18318&whichpage=4

Regards

Bruno

This was my father's car and was very old so it was made a big restauration.

It has XD3TE with a VGT GT2256v (it makes 1.3bar), a Bosh VE Pump (from 505S RDT 2.3).

Regards

Bruno

Interesting! What year was it originally made. I don't think the XD3TE engine was ever in any North American Peugeots. My 1985 505s have XD3T engines which I dearly love.

Welcome to the forum Bruno! Your truck is stunning, and the level of your restoration is top notch - it looks better than new.

XD3TE started in 1987 or 88 I believe in Europe, but European cars never had the EGR set up that the North American cars had, so the intake and exhaust manifolds were a lot cleaner in design.

I just checked out your dyno chart and I was curious what if any mods you did to the injection pump?

Not sure if you've read my post on my hybrid injection pump, but the VW AAZ IP uses a much more aggressive injector cam, 2 stage AAZ injectors with Peugeot spec nozzles, and the VW "governor mod" - I expect the motor to be substantially more powerful than the Euro XD3TE.

Rabin

Hi

Thanks

I read your post but for now i don´t intend to make more modifications until i´m shore of the power i will get.

The modification i made was a lot of money and i´m enjoying the car now, so for now is just to see (and i don´t have a mechanic that know that kind of modifification)

I don´t know for shore what injectors i have. The mechanic said he will put a bosch injectors but i didn´t confirm that.

I was hoping to see the power that we can extract from the engine because in Portugal, that i know of, my car is one the few that has an increase power with XD3TE (some other cars have 2.1 Peugeot, 1 guy has a 2.5 BMW TDS engine, and a few have V6 PRV, the rest XD3TE or XD2 for older models)

The graphic power in this type of cars is 95cv, 240nm for XD3TE with a lucas fuel pump and 97cv with about 245nm for Bosch pump)

The mechanic was trying to put a 11mm in bosch pump (in my case is 10mm) in other car, i´m waiting the results :)

I think i can gain more power with more fuel but i don´t like to see smoke in the car and for now my car is perfect in that chapter.

In Portugal there is a lot of modifications in diesel engines, and some japonese (i saw a 25 years old 2.7 nissan diesel engine with 220 cv) or BMW motors (300cv) can get a lot of power, same as big petrol engines, but i heard a lot of guys in Portugal saying to be careful with Peugeot motor, they say it can break if we put a lot of power so they use japonese, so i´m searching in the web for upgrades and results in this engine.

I was hoping to get 150cv, but i didn´t get it. On the road the car works fine and in the country i don´t need much power in this type of cars because they are very good, but power is neve enough :)

I'd be more curious what if any modifications were done to the governor.

I also don't want smoke, but I also want improved NVH, and more power. Also curious how you like the Turbo that is on your car? I have the stock T0302 for now, and while I'd love a VNT, I haven't found a good controller for it, so for now I'll see what I get with the stock turbo.

Rabin

what a beautiful umm alter, bruno. you should be very proud of this vehicle! there is another forum member here who visits occasionally, he has a peugeot turbodiesel engine that he put into a suzuki -- that was the last time we discussed the umm alter here.

those of you reading this who haven't followed bruno's link, you should. lots of great pictures:

sam1096a.jpg

andré