1984 Peugeot 505 "S" Cold Starting Problem

Greetings fellow Peugeot enthusiasts! I have a 1984 Peugeot 505 "S" sedan with a mere 36,000 original miles. The engine is an XN6 with the three speed automatic transmission. I have been having a problem starting the engine after the vehicle has been parked for a period of time. The engine will not start from cold on its own. If I place my foot lightly on the accelerator pedal while starting the car, the engine will start. Once the engine is warmed up, it starts up immediately. I have done some research on-line and it appears that the problem may be the Bosch cold start valve. Does any one have any suggestions?

I wanted to know if anyone has any "NEW" Peugeot 505 sedan "chrome" plastic drip rail trim pieces for both the left and right sides. This is the long chrome piece along the edge of the roof.

Also, I have been searching for a 1984 Peugeot Dealer Product Facts Book, original factory 1984 Peugeot 505 Sales Brochure and any road tests on the 505 "S." If anyone has any of these items available, please let me know.

Thank you for your assistance.

Sean

Wow - it's just a baby! Congrats.

Rain gutter trim - most people on here simply pull it off as it's body coloured underneath and looks quite good without it. I doubt you'd find NOS trim, and even if you did - I'd bet it'd break when you tried to install it from it becoming so brittle.

Cold start valve could be a possibility, or it's control circuit. Peugeot uses essentially the same Bosch CIS system VW / Audi / volvo used, so you should be able to google some of the very good CIS online troubleshooting guides that helps you diagnose the issue.

Rabin