Turbo Pressure Regulator

SSB

I've tried to find anybody who will open the pressure chamber and put in a new diaphragm but so far to no avail. So I bought one of Brian Holms ($140US) and all is right with the world. EXCEPT, I believe there are more than 4 505 Turbos driving around and we all are going to need one eventually. I have some spares but one is failed and two are old (I'd hate to put an old one in just to have it fail quickly).

The link here is for the "universal" but the pressure canister is shorter and one would have to cut off the original bracker and bolt that on to the "universal".

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BD9BWEK/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Where do we go from here (or have you already run down this road?)

You can also get universal brackets for the T3 framed turbos that should make quick work if installing a new Garrett WG control. August had a great right up on that thread - nice job finding it Andre!

Curious about the N9TEA's adding ~4.35 psi to whatever the WG diaphram is rated for - I would have thought it was ECU controlled based on PSI - but now that I think of it - I'm not entirely certain the N9TEA ECU uses a boost signal to determine boost...

Rabin

N9TEA doesn't measure manifold pressure to regulate boost. It simply actuates the boost electrovalve with a pulsed signal, and the pulse width originates from a map in the ignition ECU. It does take into account "basic injection duration" as indicated by its signal from the jetronic ECU as well as whether or not the engine is at calculated "full load", however ultimately the ECUs have absolutely direct idea what the manifold pressure is.

To elaborate further, the system seems to be more concerned with approximate intake air density/volume rather than pressure. Back when we were playing with these things, we noticed that Jonathan's black car would reach 1 bar of boost at certain RPM ranges while at an elevation of 4400 feet (road trip through the mountains). I was told that the system was supposed to ensure near-sea-level horsepower and torque up to 1500m elevation, and this observation sort of confirms that. The system was attempting to keep the intake air volume where it needed to be, regardless of pressure.

I said "the system" quite a lot in that paragraph. The.system.is.down... Sorry, couldn't resist :P