• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You mean this kind of shims?

6775-1446-thickbox.jpg

I haven't heard about this kind of mod on the 405 but on the 205/309/306 or 206 some have done it, modifying the arm and the new stub axle to bolt the whole 207/208 assembly pictured here.

I've heard it last 5 horror stories about people lifting the rear axle on a 405 and in a week crashing it, not sure why, you may look into swapping the torsion bars left to right or grounding little of them to move the wheel a little.

41 minutes ago, Goce said:

I've heard it last 5 horror stories about people lifting the rear axle on a 405 and in a week crashing it, not sure why, you may look into swapping the torsion bars left to right or grounding little of them to move the wheel a little.

I'm lost now... What do you mean by lifting the rear axle? Why would you grined on end of the torsion bar for? Torsion bar has no affect on camber or toe.

By lifting the rear axle i meant lifting the rear end of the car, this cars are working cars, people use them as trucks for transporting goods, they rotate the torsion bars and use longer shocks, that makes them very unstable, grinded on end of the torsion bar is to move the wheel in and out in the wheel arch for running wide tires or rims with different offset, camber or toe are not adjustable i think, as wheel bearing bolt (stud) is press thru the cast swing arm.

The 405 rear arm is not exactly the same as the 205/309 or 306 are but you're right the designs are close in particular at this end of the arm.

Goce you need to get the stub axle pin out of the arm and then ground it flat to bolt the 207 parts. If you want to lift the rear try to use a Partner rear axle, same design but probably a diffrent geometry on the rear arms.

To be honest rear wheel bearings are the only thing I haven't ever took a part on 405's and I know those cars damn well!!! Now it makes sense why there is no listing for alignment shims. Thanks for clarifying this for me Goce.

Never lifting 405 only lowering :-)

Thanks for the info guise.

• 3 months later...

Good to see updates again Savo!  

Out of curiousity - what do you do for UPS?  Or were you busy because of all the UPS parts shipments you're getting? :)

Too bad about the Sorrento green car - but was it structural or does it just need the rear quarter skin replaced?

Rabin

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

When I removed intake manifold I had to swap over injectors to new manifold and I've noticed significant amount of E85 gunk on top of my injectors. I have another set of EVO 560's that I'll use and this set is going to be cleaned and flow tested and if they are still good I'll keep them as a spare set. Intake ports and manifold were clean,no E85 gunk found there.

IMG_6431.JPG

This week I was fighting with fuel rail adapter clearance and throttle body clearences but on the end I have it all figured out. I shipped out everything to my powder coater and I should have it back by end of next week.

I also ordered same TB but for EVO as TPS and ISC's are smaller and those gave me clearance I needed to make it all work. I found good used TPS and ISC and new connectors and pins.

Almost forgot!!! I also replaced valve cover gasket and spark plug O rings as I noticed it started to seep oil.