my3AWDgst

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Gorgeous car Savo...

I thought for sure it was a custom kit, so it's amazing how many cool details are lost in the black panels and brought out when made body colour.

If I ever add a 405 to the fleet - first thing it gets will be body colour trim panels!

Rabin

Gorgeous car Savo...

I thought for sure it was a custom kit, so it's amazing how many cool details are lost in the black panels and brought out when made body colour.

If I ever add a 405 to the fleet - first thing it gets will be body colour trim panels!

Rabin

Thanks guys Im very proud of my MI16 and I did not expect it to turn out this nice. I had 88 Jetta back in the day and did the same thing with matching paint on two tone bumpers and came out realy nice so that gave me Idea how it should look on MI16. Rabin front bumper spoiler and side skirts were new that I picked up from Dave at Euro sport and it was made by Brueck Design for US market. I also have new SS full Exhaust on it.

Glad to know I wasn't losing it - the rockers were particularly interesting and I thought for sure the detail in front of the rear wheels wasn't stock. :)

Car looks very nice, and really quite modern to boot. Amazing what colour matching the black panels did. When I redid the bumpers on my car I had the flat black parts body coloured as well (gloss black so not quite as noticeable) - and it too made a nice difference.

Rabin

hey savo, a question for you -- i remember reading somewhere (facebook?) that you are using adapters to fit these particular wheels to your car. why? from what i understand, the 405 wheels use bolt spacing that is not uncommon, and adapters are not inexpensive, so is there something special about these wheels that you have? it's hard to tell from the pictures.

andré

hey savo, a question for you -- i remember reading somewhere (facebook?) that you are using adapters to fit these particular wheels to your car. why? from what i understand, the 405 wheels use bolt spacing that is not uncommon, and adapters are not inexpensive, so is there something special about these wheels that you have? it's hard to tell from the pictures.

andré

I got the wheel spacers because 405 is using weird offset (18mm) and weird bolt pattern 4x108 so it was hard to fined wheels that I liked here in US for it. Wheels usually have 35-42mm offset and my Sparco wheels have 42mm offset so I knew they would not clear or fit 405.So I used math on this one 18-42 = 24 so I got 25mm wheel spacers to get correct 18mm offset.

Second reason is I upgrated from lug bolt to lug nuts.

I could not fined place here in US that makes those wheel spacer in 4x108 bolt pattern so I emailed seller on Ebay if he could make me set in offset and bolt pattern I needed and he did. It was $180 shipped and only took one week.

Thanks guys.

i would be interested in the name of the vendor! please pm me when you have the chance.

did you have the spacers machined to be hub-centric?

andré

PM sent.

I gave him 65.1mm CB measurements but with some reason I did not get it that way. Lug bolts have shoulders so does wheel spacers and that makes them hub centric(if you wana put it that way) However my wheels are hub centric.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I sure do know that feeling

I hear that guys.

I just need to figure out how to deal with rotors do to Peugeots weird offset. I may buy two pice rotors and custom make center bolt on part with peugeot bolt pattern.

I've got a set of Porsche Boxster S Brembos for my 505 eventually... (I have to say eventually now as my timeframes for work getting done SUCK!)

Rabin