turbo intercooler decals (autocollants)

andrethx

one of the reasons my progress on my car is so slow is that i'm a perfectionist, plus i waste time on things that don't translate into direct progress on my car. case in point -- i saw these decals for sale on ebay.fr....

IMG_8076_zps98b3234a.jpg

...and no one was bidding on them so i bought them for cheap, around US$5 (postage cost more than the decals!). this is the first set of these that i've seen for sale, so i didn't want them to go back to languishing in some french guy's garage or basement. :)

i don't ever plan to use these for my car. my plan (and i do have one) is to get them scanned at a service bureau into some high-resolution vector format (illustrator or some such) and upload the files to some location on this site so that anyone who wants to have reproductions made can easily do so.

of course, this is a pretty low priority and it may be weeks or months before i get to this task. so if you are interested in having some of these made before then, please PM me.

andré

• 1 year later...

i took the "turbo intercooler" decals to a prepress shop (arc -- they bought out ford graphics here in los angeles, i've worked with ford in the past) this week -- they said if the decals were scanned only, without any kind of work done to them, they would look terrible, and that they would have to be reconstructed on the computer after being scanned. i'm sure this is probably correct, but due to the expense involved, i'm going to get a second opinion from another prepress shop or the vinyl cutter guy when time allows.

andré

• 3 months later...

Smoked chrome, dark gun metal grey, or even flat black - those colours would work on black paint... Just subtle enough to be seen...

I think lazer cut vinyl is the way to go, and you would think scanning the image would make it dead simple.

Total aside - After PPIHC '04 there were a stack of "TURBO by Garrett" decals that were going to get tossed. Figured technically I could use them on my Peugeots at some point but still not as cool as the OEM stickers.

Rabin