1st Annual Peugeot Owners of North America Meet

norcal505

This was all day today. Definitely a unique experience, and quite a rare sight at that.

There was a pretty nice turnout of Peugeot (primarily 505) owners from all over the state of California.

7990752450_b16f3ee4c2_b.jpg

505's above Berkeley by sina.pour, on Flickr

We started off the day with a coffee in Berkeley, Ca right by the Cal campus. Then we went for a nice and long drive, romping through the East San Francisco Bay Area foothills, which I had the pleasure to lead, on my "home" roads. Here, I was given the opportunity to drive a 505 Turbo for the first time in my life. I was truly impressed by the 25 year old luxury sport-sedan, and very grateful to its owner who offered me the opportunity, and trusted me with his flawless pride and joy.

7990685405_fbf860b7f4_b.jpg

Overlooking the East San Francisco Bay Area by sina.pour, on Flickr

7990646655_06e5c0d629_b.jpg

Marc, testing my electricals by sina.pour, on Flickr

7990660494_5fcfbe94c0_b.jpg

Roadtrip kit anyone? by sina.pour, on Flickr

Then many of us parted ways for lunch, and we reconvened later at the Fantasy Junction in Emeryville, Ca. Here we met up with legendary 80s race car driver Victor Van Tress - who led the Peugeot Factory Racing team to back-to-back victories in the Sports Car Club of America, including the famed Road Atlanta Runoffs in the late 1980s.

7990639514_306c309545_b.jpg

Got to drive my childhood dream car by sina.pour, on Flickr

I was honored when Vic threw me the keys to his famed championship-winning, fully race-prepped 505 Turbo "Red," and got to spend 10 minutes in pure Peugeot heaven, gassing around Berkeley streets in the car that was on the poster on my bedroom wall as a child. Truly an experience on its own.

We then drove on over to the Berkeley Marina for some more chatting, and eventually dinner, where we all sat down for a drinks and Mexican food and talked nothing but cars.

It was truly a memorable all-day affair that I'd never have dreamed of ever experiencing, featuring a bunch of cool cars from a brand which is seldom recognized over here in the United States. Needless to say, plenty of heads were turned, and jaws were dropped wherever our caravan went. Really hope this becomes a tradition for us American Peugeot owners, and in no better setting than the beautiful Golden State where the sun shines, and the cars are fine.

7990635563_a10e126c25_b.jpg

Cliche - my broken French car by sina.pour, on Flickr

Here is the full photo album from our daylong affair with our lions. http://flic.kr/s/aHsjC8wM34

Special thanks to Marc Maksimow of LA who planned this event, and to all of the owners who came out for the fun.

I personally extend my thanks to David and Victor who graced me with the pleasure of driving their wonderful cars, and to Marc who replaced my burnt brake light and gave out the very awesome and 80s Peugeot Cassette-kit souvenirs to everyone.

It was great meeting all of you guys, we're lucky to have such a great bunch of people in our small, yet devoted Peugeot community.

-Sina P.

That was really fun. Tossing the keys out to let others drive Red was great as I knew Red would take care of them and keep them safe. If I haven't hurt Red after 26 years, who can? It had to be a life changing experience to those who appreciate the 505 Turbo and Red the wonder car. Red just happens to be the WWF wrestler of the bunch.

I was so impressed with Jeff Ray's Diesel as it was so clean. And he brings in his son as a new generation of aficionados. Sina's beat and battered survivor of San Francisco's harshest treatment was itself beautiful representing it and Sina's will to keep it a live. That was very cool too.

Now I'm just sayin' but the French & Italian Car Show is in November and it just happens to be in my neck of the woods but.......................it'd sure be cool to have a really good showing of 505's there (for once)

Brian, Rabin, Fernando, Porter, et all.....................missed ya

post-137-0-72632700-1347851530_thumb.jpg

i wasn't able to leave LA until saturday morning, so i missed the morning's festivities (which is just as well, since my 505 isn't running at the moment). i met up with everyone at the berkeley marina for the photoshoot, then we went to the mexican place for dinner. good food, good people, good conversation. i think i saw a margarita and some beer, at some point. :)

here are a few random photos i took:

rear of marc's 205:

IMG_7986.jpg

rear shot of sina's 505 (nice bodywork!):

IMG_7987a_zpsc126c726.jpg

and the front:

IMG_7988.jpg

thomas's very red stx:

IMG_7984.jpg

IMG_7985.jpg

the illustrious red:

IMG_7989.jpg

jeff's pristine diesel:

IMG_7981.jpg

group shots:

IMG_7982.jpg

IMG_7983.jpg

speaking as an LA resident, i think vic's idea of having the next meetup on LA in november concurrent with the french & italian car show would be awesome. :)

andré