JunktionFET

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9 hours ago, my3AWDgst said:

Unfortunately Wagons do not have time delay wiper stocks. And I do miss that as my wagon is my DD.

Only the high end 405 got the adjustable delay on the wipers, my father's series 2 doesn't have them, because is base model.

Saturday and Sunday I worked on Nikolas MI16,on Saturday we were working on it till 23:30 and coil failed on last test drive on same place in front of my house where it died on my Green car. He was about to drive it home but we found large coolant leak on rear plastic coolant manifold. Luckily I had new O ring but not plastic manifold. I do have few at my parts cars so next Saturday he's driving it home. I'll have him register here and make a build thread.

13 hours ago, Goce said:

Coils and igniter suffer badly on the mi16 engines.

I never had this problem till now,luckily for me I don't run this injection system in my cars and GTI6 is COP so I just may order one if I ever decide to put another one back on the road. 

I may still have two good coils.

Peugeot uses this same coil on all older engines that run a distributor, so its availability shouldn't come as a surprise, why they fail in my opinion is quality of manufacturing, one page back i wrote of the coil that i bought, the box was from bosch and when it arrived it was a made in italy copy (crap), so don't be discouraged, no peugeot has ever left me on side of the road.

Funny story with failing ignition coil, i needed radiator support, wing headlight and couple more things for my mi16x4 when i got in an accident couple years back, so i fired up my second (black) 405 1.6 carb, and went to a car disassembly yard on the other side of the country and just as i'm sitting on the gate engine dies, took the cap of the carburetor, there is fuel spraying, pull a spark plug lead, and no spark, borrow a multimeter measure the coil is getting 12 volts and when cranking other side is grounding, so after looking for hours could not find coil, so i got a coil from a Yugo and extend the wires, connected the bottle shaped coil and it worked flawlessly for the rest of that's car live, so any coil for electronic ignition can work.

It has been Peugeot eventful day at my place today,I already posted what I did to my car today and I've worked on Nikola's MI as well.

We replaced plastic rear water manifold,few hoses,removed cruise control,relocated engine fuse box and upgraded belt tensioner to VW style tensioner. He drove it home and it did run great.

i'm kinda geeking out over this, thought i'd share it with you guys.

my son is 16, so he'll be driving soon and he'll be driving the passat wagon, so i've been improving it for him. one of the things i'm doing is upgrading the stereo to include navigation and bluetooth for hands-free phone calling. the stereo i have includes a generic microphone, but i had hoped to do a little better than that...the car has spot for a microphone in the overhead console, but my car came without one and the OEM volkswagen microphone uses a non-standard connector and won't work with an aftermarket radio.

on the passat forums, i found out about these guys -- they sell a variety of items to help car stereo installers. one of the things they sell is a standard car audio microphone adapted for use in the vw overhead console; the plastic mounting frame is 3d printed. i ordered one, it looks like this:

Photo%20Feb%2005%2012%2059%2036%20PM_zps

Photo%20Feb%2005%201%2000%2017%20PM_zpsa

andre

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...