JunktionFET

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Rabin,

I’m not a huge fan it’s just happened, my friend and I worked out a deal with some car repairs on top for silver car and he end up taking seats out of it and this was driving me nuts. Prices on used C43 seats are extremely high so I end up looking for a parts car. I found this one on Copart, runs and drives but it does have high miles. I’ll clean it up and sell it, actually today I started on clean up and I alredy cleaned and swapped seats.

Not sure on power differences, perhaps once white one is ready I can take it out and try to compare them one to another.

• 4 weeks later...

I like the early AMG cars.  That 98 is probably still from a time when AMG was separate from Mercedes.  It’s only the s55 AMG on my craigs list, aside from the occasional oddball like a 350 and there was a hammer.

I’d love to fine another reliable Mercedes in my price range, preferably a wagon, with only flaws I could live with.  

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I bit late but seems i'm doing the same jobs as you Savo, the rear end and suspension is coming down. The drum brakes suck and failed not to mention the drums got welded to the axle shafts so i had to cut the drums to get them off, also the bushings are completely destroyed and the suspension bars are bent and roten, so everything is getting replaced. No more messing with drum brakes, i got the axles machined to accept front discs and now i'm working on the brackets for the brake calipers, i'll also be making new suspension links with poly bushings. Good thing i have a lathe now makes everything much easier.

IMG_20190830_192254.jpg

IMG_20190914_184645.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The little niva is finally mostly sorted, registered and i'm driving it. This means i had nothing to do for a solid week when i come back from work.? It took me further two days for me to start looking the classifieds. ?I'm tired of rust, so i was looking at Peugeot and daly driving a 605 for the past 5 years i started looking at its successor and found and bought this?IMG_20200130_150223.thumb.jpg.daf727737b7dd7fce3319531b37b1f46.jpgIMG_20200130_150238.thumb.jpg.caf585dc4bd499ca1d1f68adbd84caaa.jpgIMG_20200129_205255.thumb.jpg.8360ded95b604479a5d42e7689ae8b9d.jpg

It's the facelifted version of the 607 with the 2.7 HDI Biturbo engine and the highest level of equipment available. it has some issues with the cooling system and has a nasty oil leak and the biggest problem off all it is an Automatic. I hate automatics i almost walked away from it because in the advert was advertised as a manuel. i'll have to convert it or just learn to deal with it. I'm not sure will it survive the 440 Nm of torque and my right foot.

I'm not really sure i think ZF made the gearboxes but can be anyone. The gearbox itself is working fine, shifts fine on D, on manual mode is pretty responsive, is more my preference, that mechanical connection with a car when you can feel the drive apply and command it with your left foot. As i've recently found out peugeot did not used this engine with a manual gearbox in any chassis, only land rovers have manual gearboxes behind it. I may have to learn to leave with it. It sure holds the power fine, i've driven bend new cars that have worst gearboxes, this one feels more aggressive then some others that may be the torque i'm feeling.

4 minutes ago, SRDT said:

AM6 Aisin made in japan, the mk2 V6 had this gearbox and the others used the 4HP20.

This is the same 6sp auto used in my 2006 V70R.  I had to replace the Valve body when I first bought the car, but since then it's one of the nicest auto transmissions I've ever driven.  

Rabin

Yeah i've done some more research and it is the Aisin made in japan TF-80SC gearbox. Now it is not my biggest worry, i found oil in the coolant, black engine oil. Also is building a lot of pressure in the hoses and there is evidence that this has been happening for some time, i'm hoping cracked EGR cooler, or craked oil cooler, and i know at the end i'll be taking the heads off?

10 hours ago, my3AWDgst said:

Picked up number 7 MI16 this last weekend, ML did awesome ? much better then I was expecting. Mercedes tech that I know swears by these things when it come to towing/hauling he sends me pictures of he’s all the time.

Another red one, looks like a late 91, what are the plans Savo? As for the old ML's they are known for good tow vehicles, the car dealers here use them alot and call them tow pigs.

It has green tinted windows, usually older cars have brown tint, also the rear end looks like is failed but those tail light will look great on the silver car, now you'll be spoilt for choice for spare parts, put a gas cap on it, you'll be surprised how quickly they can fill with rain water.

• 3 months later...