new guy in here(1985 505 turbo injection n9te)

boundish

Hi all! im new in here and i thought i would start off by showing you my 505 turbo :-)

it's a 1985 505 turbo injection n9te with about 77,000 km on the meter . my dad bought it in 2004 from the widow of the car's owner since 86' and now i have the car.

it is only driven in dry weather and it is in good condition .

this is a well equipped model with power everything , cruise control and heated seats in addition to the standard equipment in the european 505 turbos (talking computer and programmable driving computer and so on) and everything works!

must appologize for the bad qualtiy on the interior shot i only had a cellphone camera , but i will take pics of the interior in better lighting soon

pics:

had a minor engine issue a couple of days a go

.. the car would not go above 3000rpm under load ,

found out it was a the vacum line from the turbo to the w.gate

that had blown off and caused overboost

and then set off the overboost sensor post-1256-0-62701800-1345987515_thumb.jppost-1256-0-05075900-1345987547_thumb.jppost-1256-0-34833300-1345987576_thumb.jppost-1256-0-31147900-1345987428_thumb.jppost-1256-0-16415700-1345987473_thumb.jp

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

WOW - one of my absolute favorite models of 505 Turbo bare none. I'd LOVE to do a conversion on my 85' so it looked like that. The bumpers, euro headlights with wipers... Stunning.

My wife and I have been thinking of a trip to Europe with the kids in a couple years - I keep telling her I want to buy a minty euro 505 to tour around in - then have it shipped back. She thinks I'm kidding. :)

Rabin

Thanks for the appreciation! :-) I also like the 1985 best beacuse it still has the 1st gen styling with the two-tone paint and at the same time it has the most equipment and the 160hp n9te( no cat either so i breathes proplerly too) . I looks like nothing else. I will upload more pictures later :-)

the turbo/v6 euro lights with h1 and h4 are rare , but they should fit.

i had the first drive after fixing that vacum line today and the car seems to have lost some punch when the turbo kicks in(not very much , but just enough to notice) , could it be that there is a leak of boost somwhere or can it be that the vacum line i replaced was leaking just a little bit before it blew of so that boost increased just a little bit? what do you guys think?

That's absolutely gorgeous, all I would change would be the dashboard, I absolutely don't like the North American dashboard, I believe the Euro dashboard is the best looking. But you have a gorgeous example! :)

That's absolutely gorgeous, all I would change would be the dashboard, I absolutely don't like the North American dashboard, I believe the Euro dashboard is the best looking. But you have a gorgeous example! :)

This is a European 505. The dashboard is a series 1 dashboard - iPeugeot changed to the new style series 2 in 1986. There's no differences between dashboards in North America and Europe unless you're talking about which side the steering wheel is on.

Rabin

I meant to say the series 2, thanks for correction! You guys mention euro headlights when talking about me shipping parts from Argentina so I thought about how my car has a different dashboard than you North Americans so I instantly call it an euro dashboard.

I meant to say the series 2, thanks for correction! You guys mention euro headlights when talking about me shipping parts from Argentina so I thought about how my car has a different dashboard than you North Americans so I instantly call it an euro dashboard.

The North American headlights came in two versions the early ones had two round sealed beams (on each side). The later ones had one square sealed beam. The rest of the world had what you see referred to as Euro Headlights all along. That includes Argentina. It's just easier to call them Euro than "everywhere except NA". The dashboards didn't differ between North America and the rest of the world (except in countries with right hand drive) . The difference between the series 1 and 2 was just the year, so my 1985 has the newer style square headlights and the older style dashboard. My 1982 had the round headlights. A 1986 and later has the newer style dashboard regardless of whether they were built for North America, Europe or Argentina.

très jolie, boundish! you are very lucky to have such a rare gem, and in such perfect condition! i might have missed it, but did you say where you are located? did you get your vacuum mystery solved? where is the driving computer keypad -- is it on the overhead console? could you take a wider shot of that?

sorry so many questions.... :)

andré

très jolie, boundish! you are very lucky to have such a rare gem, and in such perfect condition! i might have missed it, but did you say where you are located? did you get your vacuum mystery solved? where is the driving computer keypad -- is it on the overhead console? could you take a wider shot of that?

sorry so many questions.... :)

andré

thanks to all for the appreciation! I live in Norway . Well it's almost solved.. I think the wastegate might be faulty because it feels like the wastegate

Is letting out more boost than it should resulting in what feels like lower boost pressure( I have yet to hook up a boost gauge to find out).

Yes its on the overhead console. I can take more pictures no problem at all :-) , and dont be sorry. You cant ask too many questions :-)

Hi again ! Took a few more pics that i wanted to share .

First up is another shot of the control pad for the driving computer as requested

post-1256-0-09347900-1347297696_thumb.jp

the booklet for the driving computer and cruise control + a few other things

post-1256-0-70390200-1347297830_thumb.jp

Page 1 in the booklet

post-1256-0-16431400-1347297916_thumb.jp

cruise control..

post-1256-0-03310400-1347298071_thumb.jp

driving computer..

post-1256-0-97597200-1347298145_thumb.jp

the display for the driving computer currently displaying avg.consupmtion in litres per 100km

post-1256-0-04705600-1347297748_thumb.jp

the "test" button is used with the ignition in acc+ to make the computer run trough all of the voice commands

post-1256-0-21913700-1347297997_thumb.jp

post-1256-0-59846900-1347298221_thumb.jp

these are punch cards -- i'm guessing that these were used by the peugeot factory as part of the manufacturing process for your car. the holes punched in them were read by the computer, the printing on the cards was for human eyes. most universities and "front office" departments of businesses (sales, marketing, etc.) had already stopped using punch cards by the mid-80s when our cars were built, but manufacturing data control systems was sort of a separate world back then.

punch cards are generally not used anymore, although there are a few computer systems here and there that still use them. i read somewhere that there is a guy who bought up all of the surplus equipment and supplies for punch card systems, and if you need blank cards or the machines to read/write the cards, he's the guy you have to see. :)

you should definitely keep them with the car! they are a valuable historical document...i wouldn't mind seeing pics of the other three, when you get a chance. i'm definitely a geek for that type of information.... :)

andré

PS -- thanks for posting the pictures, really great!!

• 2 weeks later...

Europe got the N9TE before we did - so 99% sure it's factory correct. Best of both worlds - and sadly it has me sadisticly thinking I can swing getting my 85' turbo running! (Like 3 projects isn't enough!) I'd love to replicate the look of look of this car with mine.

Rabin

It is factory correct;-) no engine has been swapped here. Europe also got the n9tea in 86'. The seats are very nice and very comfortable . Cool idea bean, only issue is that the parts for this car are rare. Specially body parts like bumpers and such. By the way does anyone know where i could get new mouldings? I am thinking of those that go from the bottom of the a-pillar to the c-pillar

I didn't know that about the N9TEA in 86'...

As for replicating the look I mean via modification or creation of parts. Once I checked into how much it would cost to find and ship parts here - it clearly wasn't feasible. ($400 for a rear bumper plus the same to ship it!) I'd be cheaper for me to build a mould buck out of a USDM bumper with modifications and then do them in fibreglass - but I think decent results could be had with cutting and sectioning the US big bumpers.

Rabin