Car appraisals

Sorry Jeff - I've just been crazy busy with stuff and kinda dropped off the site for a bit.

I still have a ton of renos to complete before Christmas, so likely can't be spending the kind of time I'd like to on these appraisal ideas.

I did take a quick look and it did look good. My only very quick comment is I'd really like to see whatever system we use align with whatever industry standard. Break up the categories and available points so that it relates well with systems already in use.

Rabin

Sorry Jeff - I've just been crazy busy with stuff and kinda dropped off the site for a bit.

I still have a ton of renos to complete before Christmas, so likely can't be spending the kind of time I'd like to on these appraisal ideas.

I did take a quick look and it did look good. My only very quick comment is I'd really like to see whatever system we use align with whatever industry standard. Break up the categories and available points so that it relates well with systems already in use.

Rabin

Rabin, thanks for your feedback.I can change any category, point system that relates to the industry standard easily in Excel. Google docs is a bit more generic but is easily accessible for anyone regardless of computer choice :)

• 2 weeks later...

Very good idea here and I agree with the concept of minimising the barriers to having random owners add their own cars (this is what I am doing with the 404 + 404 C Registry). The more the merrier!

The ratings thing is going to be more complex, especially if it is self-administered. The condition ratings system I use (FWIW) on the 404 Registry is the German 1-5 rating where 1 is top show quality, and 5 is very poor condition, broken down over mechanical systems, bodywork, interior and (for Cabriolets) soft tops. It is self-administered by owners submitting their cars on the website, and I try to do it myself based on photos for the other cars.