specific odometer cable for 505TURBO ABS/V6 now available for sale

505V6S

Dear all 505 enthusiast

I have recently made a new set of specific cable as the OEM one ofr Turbo ABS and ZN3J model, sold out everywhere.

as far as odometer cable rebuilt, original N° in Peugeot parts are follow:

- 6123.58 (up) and 6123.81 (down gearbox)

My rebuilt are these both items but I sell them inseparatly.

Price: 70 euros the odometer cable (in 2 parts) + surface shipping/convert,transfert fees

I have a stock of 40 set of odometer cable brand new for ZN3J and TurboS ABS for sale. I have to sale 2O of those for reaching the breakeven of my target.

If the sale of this cable is successful, the benefit of the sales will be invested to an other 505 rebuilt projet parts. Let me your idea, all are welcome, however don't forget if you are a 505Turbo ABS or V6 owner, if you buy me a odometer cable like a survival part for your car, we can go ahead to market other part with the 505.

Also I'm l'Aventure Peugeot member, Thank a lot for helping me, I let you a photo of my cable.

My job is to buy and to re-sell Peugeot parts news and quality used parts. I'm 505 owner too (3 models, two V6 and a turbo all in excellent condition).

You can do a buying group if you want to share shipping/convert/transfert fees.

If you need more info, contact me : [email protected]

I look foward to hearing rom you again,

Etienne GOULANT

I e-mailed Etienne when he posted on Peugeot-L and he sent me a picture - it looks pretty darn good:

IMG_0898.JPG

I proposed a possible group buy on here if there was enough interest we could likely save a fair bit in shipping costs.

Anybody else interested?

Rabin

i have also been communicating with etienne over the last couple of weeks or so, i'm happy to call him a new friend. :) he's definitely a diehard 505 enthusiast, and has been selling parts for some time -- NOS, used & aftermarket stuff. this is the first item he's commissioned to test the waters, as he says if this sells well he will be developing other parts in the future.

if i had a late turbo or v6, i'd be all over this. i kind of wish etienne had started with something for the xn6 cars, but i completely understand why he started with parts for these models; i've seen the difficulty you v6 guys (especially) have with certain parts, much worse than us xn6 guys. so if this is something you need or something you think you might need in the future, now's your chance. :)

andré

ps - etienne's english is much better than my french...

Etienne just screwed the two together for the picture, it will accept the cruise transducer in between no problem.

I'd be curious if there was any other cross over of models that use the small square drive as I've used a V6 cable on my 505 turbo since it was the same. The V6 cables are the heat protected with the spring as the one on my turbo car had none of that protection. I was happy to have it though since the cable is vulnerable to debris.

The one I used was from a V6 auto (4HP22), and it fit perfect into my BA10/5 5-sp. I can't remember what the BA7/5 XN6 speedo drive's look like though.

I'm curious if Andre's 4HP22 auto would have the same shape as the v6... Might work on your car too Andre!

Rabin

moved this topic to "for sale" since it's really a sale listing, not a build thread (where it was initially started)

it would be cool if this fit my car. before i go off and do a bunch of research, however, a threshold question: when you connect the two pieces of the cable as etienne has done for the photo, do you end up with a single functioning cable? i don't have cruise control on my car, so it uses a one-piece cable...i understand that the threads on the sheathing of the two halves of the cable match such that they cables can be connected to each other, but what about the actual wires inside the cable -- are they connected to each other as well?

i've never worked on a peugeot speedo cable before, so sorry if this is a dumb question. :)

andré

• 2 weeks later...

okay, i might be in on this group buy after all. have been communicating with etienne, he says this cable set will fit my car; he also says that even though my car doesn't have cruise control, it takes a 2-piece cable b/c there is a speed sensor that is used by the power steering (to determine the variable assist) that connects between the two cables.

andré

I have an stx n glx my glx speedo cable stopped working back in 05 how much for one? And is the group buy still on?

~horhayj505

Hi Horhay,

Yup the group buy is still on, I've just been away with some family obligations but I'm back and can start getting stuff ready.

Deal as it stands now depends on the number of orders. If we can get significant numbers the cable will be 70 euros and the more cables he can send in one package the more we save in shipping.

I'm guessing we should be able to get the cables landed to each of us for $140 USD plus or minus depending on exchange rate and final shipping costs. (Aimed high with the estimate - it should be less)

Please post interest, and if there's enough interest we can arrange payment and logistics. I can act as the distributor of parts, but I can also ask my brother in VA if it makes more sense to send to him as it'd be cheaper shipping to get the cables to the guys in the US.

Update: USPS flat rate box would be $10.95 to ship them within the US.

Rabin

Closer pricing estimate:

Etienne has checked it out and he can offer 10 cables shipped to the US for 700 euros. Current exchange rates puts this at ~101 USD per cable. Once here - individual shipping will be $10.95 within the continental US.

Final pricing should be about $115 delivered if there aren't any major exchange fluctuations.

I'd ask that anyone interested to post here with their name and the number of cables they want. We need at least 10 cables to make this worthwhile.

Keep in mind this is for a NEW cable as shown above. I also looked at mine and they do drive just fine screwed together without the sensor

Rabin x1

• 3 weeks later...

OK - so looks like we aren't going to get 10, so Etienne advised he can send us 5 cables for 75 euros each shipped. Once in the US, shipping will be an additional $10.95.

Only issue is that Etienne doesn't do paypal and would prefer a bank transfer to his account in France. Any fees for doing this would need to be split as well, but it shouldn't be bad. I'll do some checking on Monday to see what total costs will be, and try to see if Arun can be the distribution point.

Horhay and Pushgo - now's the time to confirm if you're in or not. :)

Rabin

well, it doesn't look like we made it to 5. :(

i'd still like to get the cable at the original price...i plan to keep my car for the long haul, so i'll eventually need this cable sooner or later.

as i understand it, the deal etienne was going to give us was the cable for a bit more (+5 euros) but with him covering the shipping, which effectively meant a bit of a discount on the cable. rabin, koll, are you guys still in? if so, maybe we can still go in together on the international shipping, with a single distribution point (i.e., have the cables shipped to rabin, he sends the cables to me & koll)...just thinking out loud here. i bet the cables would fit into a USPS flat-rate box (>US$6)...

andré

Etienne offered x4 cables at a slightly higher 77 euro - I have his account info, but getting to a bank is proving difficult to price out wire transfer fees to him. Shipping would also be quite a bit more from me to you, so ideally if you or Koll could take shipment that would be best. If either of you can get to a bank sooner than me - I'm happy to send money to either one of you.

As it looks now - Friday will be the earliest I can get to a bank. If you guys want to send me payment before then I can wire him the cash at the same time. I'll find out what overseas transfer costs are and PM you total amounts. If one of you agrees to be the shipping points - you save some $$ on shipping as well.

Rabin

that all sounds good...now we just need to know if koll is in...

friday is probably the earliest for me, too...i'm jammed with work today & tomorrow and thursday is a holiday here in the US so everything is closed (except the football stadiums and liquor stores :D )...likewise, i'm happy to be the shipping point, though koll may want to be it if he is still getting two cables...any way you guys want to do it is fine with me. i didn't realize it would be more for you to ship to us, i was thinking that you are closer to france than we are (both on west coast) so it would be less to ship to you from france...i also thought it was pretty much the same to ship between points in the US and Canada, guess that's not the case?

andré

Etienne offered x4 cables at a slightly higher 77 euro - I have his account info, but getting to a bank is proving difficult to price out wire transfer fees to him. Shipping would also be quite a bit more from me to you, so ideally if you or Koll could take shipment that would be best. If either of you can get to a bank sooner than me - I'm happy to send money to either one of you.

As it looks now - Friday will be the earliest I can get to a bank. If you guys want to send me payment before then I can wire him the cash at the same time. I'll find out what overseas transfer costs are and PM you total amounts. If one of you agrees to be the shipping points - you save some $$ on shipping as well.

Rabin

I'll take one to get us to 5.

-George

Actually with Geo and Koll at 1 we're still at 4 cables at 77 euro shipped. Etienne said it didn't matter where in the US it went too - cost was the same.

Shipping costs in Canada are much higher than you guys enjoy in the States. Those one price shipping boxes you guys get are a crazy good deal.

Rabin