Claret Metallic Paint!

norcal505

I'm looking to buy some proper Peugeot "Claret Mettalic" (1983) paint in the next few weeks.

Preferably somewhere that sells online & ships - so that I could purchase the paint and have it sent to a different address because my car is at my family's house nearly 700 miles away.

I'd appreciate any help - getting the right paint code is essential. Going to do this process thoroughly and make as little sacrifices as possible.

Cheers!

TCP Global is a big online seller of paints, they also host an "auto color library" where they have scans of the old PPG paint chip books. they mix custom colors to oem paint codes (including peugeot), i was planning to look at them first for paint when i go to respray my car. i have bought detailing supplies from them & had good experiences, but never bought any paint from them.

eastwood sells paints & related stuff, but i don't know if they mix custom colors or not.

andre

If you're not getting the whole car resprayed then I'd see if you could get the colour on the car scanned with one of the latest paint matching devices they have out now. It reads the colour directly off the car and comes up with a recipe to be as close a match as possible. My Volvo has a special Nautic Pearl Blue that's hard to match -but this colour spectrum analyser the body shop used nailed it dead on.

If the whole car is being done - then ordering the colour by spec is great - but if it's partial you run the risk of it not matching well at all with the rest.

Option 2 - any chance you can get the code used for the last paint job - assuming it was a good match that is.

Hopefully all goes well with the rebuild! I'm sure if Ukit is doing it should be better than before for sure.

Rabin

• 5 years later...

These were amongst the 1st cars to have 2-stage clear-coat finishes (black was the other color).  Was a huge selling point of differentiation from the standard model (which seemed like a good idea at the time, but now not so sure.  But then again, TRX tires...).  I would think any competent qualified paint shop should be able to match it for you, but I wouldn't expect to find it on the shelf anywhere. Most foreign shops, at least in my area have access to the mixing information. Even for my 1981 poop-brown alfa romeo.