another idea for audio system

andrethx

as i mentioned in an earlier post, i like the aesthetics of the becker, older blaupunkt and nakamichi head units but don't like the lack of bluetooth or iphone/ipod music input. this product from parrot is a solution that i'm looking at, it is wired between the head unit and the rest of the system, gives you bluetooth phone capability as well as bluetooth audio streaming; it also has a usb jack for wired audio streaming. plenty of places on the 505 series 2 dash to place the components...US$229...

andre

I have Bluetooth on my Blaupunkt Key West.

It's a very okay head-unit, but it has cool little features that I enjoy.

I have a hidden ipod-connector, which simultaneously charges the iPod as well. Also have the optional $49.99 bluetooth hardware, so it's just like one of those new Bimmers with hands-free.

Yesterday, I *finally* put my 2 10" Subs with Amplifier in the E30, after a few years of being in the 505.

Wired the whole car while I was at it, but accidentally tore a bunch of wiring harness under the dash, so the car won't start, and bunch of stuff doesn't work. :(

5692243362_dfc3eec1e2_b.jpg

SACRILEGE!

You're using your Peugeot key chain with your BMW keys... :P

Just kidding of course. Good to see you still use it.

Not sure how you "tore the harness" - but I hope it's an easy fix. What's it sound like?

Rabin

LOL. Well, I need to remember all those good times I had with the car somehow.

Rabin, the wiring situation was a mess.

When I had gutted the car for audio-wiring and rewiring, I reinstalled the knee-bolster panel without clipping the harness for SRS, ignition, dash wiring, etc.. back next to the steering column.

Result: A bunch of wires got caught around the column, and torn up. Chunks of wiring laying all over the floor.

Solution: Spent HOURS studying the BMW N.A ETM until I figured out what was and wasn't torn.

Me and the pops put in a good 15 hour work sesh and got the job down around 9 pm. What a sigh of relief.

Plus, the Bimmer has some killer bass now. Pretty handy when it'll be sitting in my aunt's garage for the next year gathering dust... :lol: