Floor mat discussion

bryancohnracing

Gang,

I am friends with the owner of Weathertech, the company that advertises in all kinds of car magazines. They make mats, cargo liners, those wind deflectors, etc, etc.

Dave, MacNeil, the owner and I go back to racing against each other in the mid-late 80's during the Peugeot days. He raced VW Golf's at the time. Now he races a Ferrari 360 Challenge car, a 997 GT3 RS, M3 Competition, you know, cheap stuff. :huh:

I'd be happy to ask about having a run of 505 mats made. Personally, I prefer the hard plastic ones that keep water/snow/dirt from the carpets. I've had their cargo liners in several of my cars and they wear like iron.

Is there enough interest though?

Bryan

I'd be in for at least one set, but I doubt it's feasible to get them made for our cars. It's much more likely they can just take measurements, then tell use which ones they have that would be the best fit.

From their adverts - it looks like quite the process for making them - but they certainly have a fantastic rep.

Rabin

It was a good idea, if we were in the market for 10,000 sets! That might be one set for every 505 licensed and running on the planet!

What is needed is a for someone with a OEM set to make a scale drawing, scan the file into a document and have it host here on the site. Then any of us could simple download a pdf, take it to any interior shop and have a set made in the color/material of their choice. Any good interior shop can make them, won't be the cheapest things, but you'd have 4 new ones to OEM spec.