1989 505 Turbo 5-sp

When I made this new section I thought to myself how much I'd HATE to have to post in it.

This morning at ~10:30 AM I was grabbing a quick bite and a coffee at McD's, and while making my way to the drive through I slowed for someone backing out of their spot to the right of me to ensure they could see me before continuing. Before I could even think I just caught sight of the Ford Escape on my right backing out of it's spot directly into my front fender. Man I hate that sound of crunching metal.

Kid was really decent, and knew it was his fault and was apologizing profusely so I had a hard time getting really upset at him personally, but I was devastated to see my car all banged up.

I posted on Peugeot-L immediately to get the word out ASAP about finding a replacement fender, and I've already got a line on three different ones if needed! So this should be an easy fix, as long as damage has been isolated to only the fender and that upper section is free from damage.

Appraisal is July 27th, and I'll update once I find out what the decision is from insurance. Hopefully I can just get the car fixed and continue on my merry way, but rest assured I won't be settling for anything but repairs.

Rabin

that sucks, rabin, i'm sorry to hear about your accident. i'm glad it wasn't worse, both in terms of injuries and damage.

i mentioned to my wife that a 505turbo.com forum member had gotten into an accident, and she said, "yes, you told me, the guy in utah who had done all of the custom bodywork to his car." i said, no, this is another guy. she said, "you told me about that guy too --- the younger guy in the bay area who got rear-ended." i said, no, this is yet another guy. she said, "maybe you should reconsider immigration law and go into auto accidents." :) just what every man dreams of, a funny wife. :)

i will be checking with ukit about some parts in a week or two, i will ask about a passenger's side fender for an '89. based on the postings on peugeot-l it sounds like you have it covered, but it never hurts to have back-ups.

andré

Guest EUROTRASH

that sucks, rabin, i'm sorry to hear about your accident. i'm glad it wasn't worse, both in terms of injuries and damage.

i mentioned to my wife that a 505turbo.com forum member had gotten into an accident, and she said, "yes, you told me, the guy in utah who had done all of the custom bodywork to his car." i said, no, this is another guy. she said, "you told me about that guy too --- the younger guy in the bay area who got rear-ended." i said, no, this is yet another guy. she said, "maybe you should reconsider immigration law and go into auto accidents." :) just what every man dreams of, a funny wife. :)

i will be checking with ukit about some parts in a week or two, i will ask about a passenger's side fender for an '89. based on the postings on peugeot-l it sounds like you have it covered, but it never hurts to have back-ups.

andré

See Rob? We're famous. :lol:

Amazing André, your wife knows more about my car than anybody I know personally... lol

Sorry about your car Rabin, it's just one hit after the other, luckily all fixable.

Good luck keeps us informed...

Amazing André, your wife knows more about my car than anybody I know personally... lol

well, like many women i know, her memory is very selective. kinda like that old tim allen joke about his wife being able to remember every word of a conversation they had 10 years ago but not being able to remember when the "check engine" light in the car came on... :D

andré

• 1 year later...

It's been just over a year and I've finally booked the car into the shop for repairs. I had been referred to a shop by a guy at work, but after months of getting the run around I did some more research and found a great little shop run by a husband and wife from the UK. Not only did he know what my car was, he was quite familiar with them. They even used Wurth products which pretty much sealed the deal for me too.

He's working on the quote now, and once I have a date I'll do as much of the prep as possible on the car so that I can get a few more things done at the same time.

Hopeful plan is to not only have the fender repaired, but replace the other one at the same time, fix the surface rust in the bottom windshield corners, new windshield, and flush mounted window trim... Hope to basically have the whole front end repainted - and possibly the roof and doors at the same time. I still want to do the rear quarter panel however so I have to stop short of getting the whole car done.

Rabin

No call from the body shop so far... Not sure if that's good news or bad just yet. I want to get the boosting issue sorted and maybe even the diff swap (it's clunking and leaking) before it goes in for work though so I'm not in too big of a hurry.

Rabin