What are we doing for radiators theses days?

SSB

The plastic radiator in Deuce has gone NFG (Red has a metal radiator). Western Hemisphere went NLA just last Thursday and Holms hasn't replied as of yet but I kinda doubt he has one. However if anybody has had an alloy one made up I'd be interested in the price and location.

What say you 'O addicts of the N9TE?

At first I though "ya but used is what I already have and it's failed." But then I realized that even if I did get a "new one" it probably is just as old" So, Western Hemisphere wanted $600 for theirs, I really need to find out what a custom one would be. Probably a better deal in the long run and as I rarely sell anything........... I see a thread now that someone had one made up but (I don't understand what the "cutting" of the fan hub is all about) didn't mention how much or where it came from.

Vic,

Here is the link to the info on the Ally rad August installed in my car:

http://www.505turbo.com/86505/blog/archive...g.html#extended

It is a direct bolt in from Ron Davis, so I'm sure you could call them as they keep the drawings.

I do have a virgin OEM rad as well. Fins straight, ready to slide in. Let me know if you are interested in it.

I did not find a part number on the ally one in my car. Its a nice piece!

Link to the Ron Davis Radiator site:http://www.rondavisradiators.com/radgallery.htm#top

Scroll down to the complete list. Peugeot is listed.

Vic,

Here is the link to the info on the Ally rad August installed in my car:

http://www.505turbo.com/86505/blog/archive...g.html#extended

It is a direct bolt in from Ron Davis, so I'm sure you could call them as they keep the drawings.

I do have a virgin OEM rad as well. Fins straight, ready to slide in. Let me know if you are interested in it.

I did not find a part number on the ally one in my car. Its a nice piece!

Link to the Ron Davis Radiator site:http://www.rondavisradiators.com/radgallery.htm#top

Scroll down to the complete list. Peugeot is listed.

I called Ron Davis and they wanted over $1000 for just the radiator without the fan assembly. I went with a custom aluminum Griffin radiator instead. I shipped them my old radiator to copy. Here's my post:

http://www.505turbo.com/forum/index.php?sh...&hl=griffin

Cost to me was around $500, but when I added in the Spal fans and controllers (which I didn't need anyway) the cost went to around $1000 with shipping and everything. Since I decided to use the electric fans and get rid of the original fan clutch assembly, I had to have the water pump shaft cut to make room for the electric fans. You could always use the original fan and not have to change anything. Honestly it might have fit without cutting the shaft, but I decided to just cut it since I would have more clearance and didn't need the fan anyway. Griffin has all the measurements and said they would be happy to make more for anyone interested. One change I made is I had the filler opening changed to a more standard mini radiator cap instead of the Peugeot original. I worked with Pat Durham in sales at Griffin.

-George

Well, that may be the way to go (or maybe the only way) especially since Griffin already has the dimensions.

The Ron Davis Radiator link doesn't work and Hemisphere says it's out of stock, Holms says he doesn't have any and Bryan Cohn sold his last, so...........

Appears the Ron Davis site is down. I can't imagine that the rad in my car cost $1000. Its nice and all, but it's not rocket science.

But then, who knows........maybe its gold plated on the inside! :blink:

The cost to me from Griffin for just the radiator alone was $450 + shipping. You can keep the original Peugeot fan setup if you want to save money. It's a much better deal than a new Valeo radiator in my opinion. Even if you could find one, it still will have those crimped-on plastic tanks that will leak eventually.

http://www.griffinrad.com/

-George

That the plastic crimped on sides will fail again is a given. But if it lasts another 24 years like the last one, I don't think I'll be driving cars anyway by then. All moot as it appears the Valeo is now NLA. I wonder where I got the metal radiator that's in Red. Was that a GL thing?

That the plastic crimped on sides will fail again is a given. But if it lasts another 24 years like the last one, I don't think I'll be driving cars anyway by then. All moot as it appears the Valeo is now NLA. I wonder where I got the metal radiator that's in Red. Was that a GL thing?

I've never seen anything other than the plastic tanks on the N9T radiators. My V6 had plastic tanks, and when it leaked i ordered a replacement and it was all brass, so luck of the draw on those.

Over the years I have owned a number of Fiats. I have always had a number of parts suppliers to choose from, but occassionally I found myself resourcing my own parts. I went radiator shopping for a 1980 Fiat Spider 2000 a few years back and the local radiator shop had an entire catalog where dozens of choices for material, dimensions (length, width, and height by the mm), fitment of temp sensor, fitment of radiator cap, and placement of the tanks (whether top/bottom or sides). Anyone try this approach? If memory serves, I had half a dozen choices for the Spider. I can't see the radiator industry having zero for us.

Mounting brackets can't be all that hard. My shop offered to fab them from stock aluminum bits they had in a bin.

Peugeot Steve

We have covered a few different fabricators. I want to use someone who has already built one for somebody so that there will be less (hopefully) fitting issues. That being said I have not found Peugeot listed on a drop-down menu yet.

That Howe looks quite nice. Any fitment issues?

No fitment problem, though we're not using the de-clutching fan, just have two stock electric fans up front hooked to a switch. Definalty a nice big cooling rad, would make alittle bit harder with piping if went fmic...

Had to tig two sleeves the inlet and outlet to fit the hoses, mounts are easy.

Thanks, good advice I'm sure. However as Ron Davies has already built one for the 505 and it was reviewed as good on these pages, I'll probably go with that unless I hear an objection. Personally I rather have an OEM but that doesn't seem to be available anymore. Thanks again

• 1 month later...