• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I priced them out at $84 each for 1.3" adapters for 4x140 - 4x114.3, with a hubcentric ring on the wheel side.

Edit: $392 total cost. Recalculated the amount since the plate should be 1.8" thick, .5" for the wheel center bore, which leaves a 1.3" adapter to run a 7.5" wheel and still have the right backspacing. (Calculate this for sure though!)

If anyone wants me to confirm numbers before they buy, I'm happy to do that. Just remember that the backspacing of the wheel you want to use minus the adapter thickness needs to equal 4.5 - 4.8" otherwise you risk tire to strut tube contact.

Rabin

That should be very close to the cost plus shipping of course. You'd need to know the details for the wheel you were going to use so that the wheel hub bore could be done to the correct size, as well as the backspacing so you could order the right thickness to get the center bore and the thickness needed.

I'm sure tempted - but $400 will pay for my brake caliper brackets machined, and any other items I need to get it installed. Summer of 2012 will see my wheel / big brake project finished dammit.

A little sibling rivalry maybe - but I can't let Arun get away with his Toyota mod without answering with my own wheel mod! (Especially since mine has been in the works for years!)

Rabin

• 1 year later...

nah, this idea has been revived and died a couple of times just since i've been around (which isn't that long in the scheme of things). main problem is, everyone has a slightly different fitment in mind and we would all have to get the same stuff for a group buy to make sense.

arun (anj) had his hubs machined to accept 6x140 pcd wheels (toyota/lexus 4wd -- check out his thread), and rabin is working on a big wheel/hub/brake project using bmw stuff...there's also a guy in colorado who pops into this forum from time to time (89peugeotv6) who did a really cool wheel & tire project on his v6, you can search for his threads to read about it; i think he went with a corvette/camaro fitment.

i also seem to remember that somebody got adapters, but i don't remember who it was, and i don't think i ever saw any followup on how it turned out...

andré