Selling my 85 505 STI (now on eBay)

85PugSTI

Sadly and reluctantly, I have decided to sell my 505. I just moved within a minute walking distance from work and will barely need my Saab (the daily driver), let alone the Peugeot, which I was driving only once or twice a month. That, and the move, buying furniture etc. has pretty much depleted my savings...

If anybody is interested, I've listed it on eBay. I want it to go to a good home, somebody who knows these cars, so I thought I mention it here just in case.

Here's the link to the listing:

85 505 STI on eBay

Contact me for more information if you're interested.

Thanks,

Sebastian

Sad to see you let her go - but totally understandable at the same time.

I do have some questions for you however - can you provide any more details on the fan motor your mechanic uses to replace the Peugeot one? The Peugeot squirrel cage is the reverse of most designs so you either have to find a motor with the same shaft size and transfer the fan, or you need to find a fan with the same design.

Also - I'm surprised you drove it delicately. I realise it's an automatic and all, but a well tuned XN6 can be a joy to drive hard. Not really a high revver - but very torquey and are fantastic in the 3-5K rev range. I cane my 504 daily with the 32/36 Weber singing away, and a delightful mechanical whine the engine makes as it accelerates to redline. It's not fast in the slightest - but it's still so much fun to drive!

Good luck with the sale - hopefully it goes to an enthusiast as well.

Rabin

I haven't replaced mine yet, so I don't know what fan my mechanic (and, yes, most likely every Vancouver peugeot owner's mechanic :D ) uses. When I spoke to him on the phone though, he said he uses an American unit which is much more durable than what Peugeot put in the cars. His name is Marc and the shop's number is 604-432-6636, if you want to ask him.

As for the car, I listed it on eBay twice but no luck. It looks like unless I'm prepared to let it go for $1000 or something, nobody wants it! I just don't get it. No interest locally either. :D We're talking about a low-mileage, collector-plated car which runs well, looks great and you can insure for next to nothing, and nobody's interested?! I realise it's an orphan brand but still.