introduction

wabo505

Foto-UYTBY3N4-D.jpg

Hello american 505friends!

After a succesful registration (thank you, webmaster!) and before participation in this forum, I want to introduce myself to you all.

My name is Walter, I am a 51 years old dentist and live in Germany with my family. Since 1987 I drive a Peugeot 505, first a 8seater because of my five children. This car past away last year and, because I was very used to it, I bought a 505 Break in healthy condition. For my adult children I bought two 505 GTI Sedan. All these cars have the same engine (ZDJ-L) in order to have the opportunity to change parts. They are used daily.

I like different languages an therefore I am member of the French and Dutch 505 clubs and forums. In Germany there is no special club but a private 505page of my friend Felix and a forum.

On the French forum I introduced myself under:

http://club505.forumpro.fr/presentez-vous-...pelle-t1321.htm

On the German forum my name is "505ac" and on the private 505page you can see my cars under "friends" http://www.peugeot-505.de/freunde.html

On the Dutch forum my name is "Les505d'Aix" and I introduced myself under:

http://www.vandansik.nl/phpBB2/viewtopic.p...c&start=100 The photo is an old one, when I had four cars for a short time.

In 2008 we spent our holidays in the States and I met a 505 enthusiast in Connecticut. He sold me a leather interior for my Break. Now I am the only one with such a luxurious Break in Europe!

Foto-4FEFLYZE-D.jpg

I am still in touch with him and now he is owner of the famous T-shirt "30 Year 505 meeting at Sochaux". I would like to connect the different forums by exchanging news.

Actually, I would like to contact norcal505 to hear more about the failure of his steering and ask him for a photo of the rack with the used pinions. I can't believe it, such a abrasion. He has had luck!

Best wishes, Walter

Welcome to the forum Walter! Great to have you here and I really like the idea of having all the 505 forums connected - and having someone with all the languages makes it especially good.

I have joined the French forum as well - but I rely on google's translation capability which is OK but not ideal. As these cars get older and parts are getting more rare - it will be very important to join forces as it were...

Beautiful car as well... :P

Rabin

Hello Rabin,

thanks for the welcome. I read the topics for a long time, but I hesitate to join the forum, because I have no Turbo and I need no Turbo. But now I think it doesn't matter, we are all 505 enthousiasts! :) I looked on a map to find Regina. On the other side of earth. Internet is wonderful. My brother-in-law lives in Ontario. Do you know "JFB" from Montréal? He contact me via the french forum to get the adress in Connecticut. He feels so lonely :) But at the same time he asked us with a smile to take our hands off the north-american 505parts. :P

That's the way we went on holiday 15 years ago with a blue SW8. Do you see the rescue go-cart on the roof? Best wishes, Walter

Foto-HP8QIQLK-D.jpg

I may have contacted you through the French site as well regarding parts, but I don't think I received a response - or maybe I never got a PM notification...

I do not know JFB - but I can assure him that I am far "lonelier" in Regina Saskatchewan than he is in Montreal Quebec. :P

If you get a chance - have him join up.

Are you part of the yahoo group Peugeot-L at all? That's another great resource as well that you can pass along to JFB - there's an excellent Mechanic close to him in Ottawa as well - Mike Aube.

Rabin

Another welcome Walter! Nice to see people from "the Continent" stopping by. No turbo is necessary. When this forum was first started there were enough 505s that a turbo-specific forum was appropriate. Now, things have dried up to the extent that any 505... No any Peugeot.... No any French car is welcome. I love garage24.net. Ever run across that guy?

Welcome Walter! I have also been driving Peugeot 505's forever - since 1986 for me. I currently drive a 1989 505 SW8 Turbo. I say "drive" but that is not quite correct since it is actually not running right now. :( My wife says "You Peugeot guys are all crazy." I say - "Welcome to the asylum." :(

-George

Thanks for the welcome!

N9TE, no I never met the man of "garage24" and since a long time I don't see any change on his site.

George - The same sentence I hear once a week, but most of the time I feel pretty wel in this lady-free asylum :D.

Norcal505, sorry, no other photos. In this time the car looked fantastic, but there were four children who learned to drive on these red cars. I stopped repairing the damages and indicate the diliquent by name on the car :( , in the Middle-Ages they called this pillory! :( There are names all over.

Foto-OYWEETPB-D.jpg

haha that looks a lot like mine! (i don't know if you have seen it, but its on club 505 . fr as well). (norcal505)

That's funny though, I learned how to drive in our red 505 as well. same color, same rims.

here it is when new,

3300841382_87f32e7f6b_o.jpg

3337492126_a65278fa1a.jpg

recently...and,

2779825581_3cbbfa7b09.jpg

4110276685_cda1f9046c_o.jpg

here it is last week, after the accident :(

4351316595_b2bd77645d.jpg

Norcal505, wat a beautiful 505 (I know the car from the french forum!) and now I am very sorry for your car, but it could have been worse. Think positive; no injuries! It's a warning for all of us.

Under http://club505.forumpro.fr/direction-f18/n...t1868.htm#23508

I reported your accident to the french forum. "lolodu86" is interested in photos of the left side of the steering and the abrasion of the pinions.