Most recent pics of My '86 Turbo

pushgo

haha mines good i guess.

everythings back in one piece.

getting a turbo air dam in my color within the next few weeks.

i just did new axle, rotors, pads, and timing chain on my bmw so its put a drain on the pocket. <_< damn german car.

Ha ha...well be sure to take pics and post 'em! Well bimmers are just like pugs in that they are made well...mom and dads M5 is def a car I want in my collection...I would be the 2nd owner like the Pug.

haha mines good i guess.

everythings back in one piece.

getting a turbo air dam in my color within the next few weeks.

i just did new axle, rotors, pads, and timing chain on my bmw so its put a drain on the pocket. :lol: damn german car.

p.s. i love the way to turbo air dam changes the look of the cars front end...makes it look lower and more finished...cant wait to see the finished product! :D

Tell us what, how, etc you did the finish on your wheels. I like the look as well.

Also, what color is the blue on your car? I like it a lot and that could be a good color for my racecar project!

Bryan

Hey Bryan!

Thanks for the compliment! I really like the outcome of the wheels myself. the original finish was beginning to chip and fade and they just looked so ugly..so i wanted to change the look a bit. I primed the wheel and then I picked up some spray paint from Wal-Mart metalic gun metal gray and sprayed the wheel. I removed each wheel and taped the tire off and primed and sprayed each wheel individually. Alot of my buddies thought I had them professionally painted. I am just a perfectionist and made DAMN sure that i didnt get any paint on my tires. even though I am replacing them in a few months....Yeah so it was really easy process...it was more time consuming than anything cuz primering and waiting for them to dry and then spraying each coat and them respraying them..It took all day but def worth the wait! I was going to go with black but EVERYONE has black on their rims these days and really thought this would compilment the color of my car...Speaking of which...its medium slate blue..Had it repainted when I bought from my folks 4 years ago as the finish was def beginning to show age. it was bad...but didnt have the luster and shine that I wanted and now has! :lol:<_<

Do you have a Pug? if so share some pics with us!

• 2 weeks later...

That's a beautiful car! I wish mine was a 5-speed turbo; 3-speed auto non-turbo = super slow :)

Love the Euro lights also.

Well even though your car may not be the 5 speed turbo...Its still a gorgeous car! And there NOT very many peugeots of that year that look in the near new condition that yours in...and as far as it being super slow if you want speed I suppose thats what you have your Turbo 900 convert for huh? the Pug is def a nice cruise around town on the weekend car. I had an 85 Black STI 5 speed...and although the engine was a bit of a slug...i loved it...I went everywhere in that car...It has 340,000 in it when it finally gave out. however my interior was def beginning to show its age. had sheep skins on the seats cuz the leather had totally cracked and split. it was willed to me from my uncle just before I left for college. When I was finally able to talk my parents into selling me their turbo I didnt waste any time in making it personal. I have had my turbo for 4 years now and truly enjoying driving it. I have another car and dont drive this every day as I could very well do...but I def love to drive to the beach in it :):D

YOu need to put up more pics of your 85 sti for us to stare at! The leather still looks soft and comfy...how does the back seat look? take some engine pics too! and are the wheels the 15 inches or the hard to find TRX. I had the trx tires and they were noisy tires...but oddly enough...had surprisingly good traction. but hated the short life AND the fact that I couldnt just walk into a tire shop and say "hey slap on a set of tires on my car"

Anyhow, thanks for the compliment!

Yes, the Saab is my daily driver, not necessarily because of the 505's sluggishness, but b/c I recently got collector plates for it and that restricts its use to pleasure purposes only. So, it's my weekend driver now.

There are a few issues that have to be addressed, namely the front struts are worn out, it needs a sunroof cable and a heater fan. That's about it for now I think. I will post pics in the members' section once I get my laptop back from the repair shop. I have pics of my ex-504 wagon also, which I will post. That car is still somewhere in Vancouver (I hope), as I sold it to a local on eBay.

Re. rim/tire size, I know the tires are Michelin TRXs, which I was told are difficult to find, but what's the difference b/w the TRX size and 15"?

Yes, the Saab is my daily driver, not necessarily because of the 505's sluggishness, but b/c I recently got collector plates for it and that restricts its use to pleasure purposes only. So, it's my weekend driver now.

There are a few issues that have to be addressed, namely the front struts are worn out, it needs a sunroof cable and a heater fan. That's about it for now I think. I will post pics in the members' section once I get my laptop back from the repair shop. I have pics of my ex-504 wagon also, which I will post. That car is still somewhere in Vancouver (I hope), as I sold it to a local on eBay.

Re. rim/tire size, I know the tires are Michelin TRXs, which I was told are difficult to find, but what's the difference b/w the TRX size and 15"?

OOOOH I see...well either way you have two gorgeous cars! The fan blower motors seem to be a common thing that goes out in the peugeots. I have to replace mine as it just stopped working :( Now when you get collector plates you can only drive the car so many miles a year? I would love to see the pics of the 504! The differenct between the TRX tires is 1. they are a metric rim. so its not quite 15 inches in diameter if measured in inches. 2. and perhaps the BIGGEST factor now is the tires have become nearly exstinct...My parents have a classic 1987 BMW L7 that had rims on it with those odd ball tires and they just recently got new 17 inch rims put on it as they couldnt find the tires...and they are VERY costly! i believe they are going from anywhere between 325.00 to 345.00 per tire!!! YIPPES <_< 3. the tread life is very low and they are noisey tires