New tires - comfort

Guest EUROTRASH

Guest EUROTRASH

Winter driving is over, time to switch tires and my Bridgetone Potenza are finished. They were great tires when new, pure performance and amazing water displacement but truthfully not much ride comfor, which is what my car lacks. Due to a suspension problem which I have yet to resolve the car has always been very stiff and very noisy when going over bumps, potholes, railroad tracks... etc. Shocks are new in the rear, rebuilt in front, but not much difference. So, I decided my new tire choice would be based on comfort.

Two years ago I discovered something interesting, while removing the spare tire rack under the car to make room for a new dual exhaust sytem, I found the original spare installed by the Peugeot factory. Michelin MXV "MADE IN WEST GERMANY". I did some research, it turns out these tires were designed purely for comfort, something Michelin has perfected over the years. Several forums have these tires listed as one of the three most comfortable, along with Dunlop, Falken, Toyo, Goodyear... etc. But, more often than not these tires will be the #1 choice.

So it's back to basics, my car now has Michelin Primacy MXV4 tires, I thought it would be hard to improve ride comfort after running snow tires which are very thick, but surprisingly the Michelins do very well in comparison. So far so good.