What performance parts do i need???

Guest dane

Wow this thread really hit a sore spot...

I was just thinking the other day when I saw a bizarre looking Civic with a crazy ugly body kit. I thought wow, that poor car.

I have a 90 Civic that I got for cheap because it had an electrical problem & the lady who owned it kept taking it to crackhead mechanics that would just replace random parts, Eventually turned out to be a loose connection somwhere.. So far Its spent more time in the shop than my Peugeot and it has almost half the mileage, now its making a clunking noise like the CV joints are worn out. It's totally stock but I kind of want to buy a header for it...They're only like 60$ on ebay, silly I know. :(

Anyway back on topic, the only thing limiting you from having a 13 second car is the amount of money you wanna burn. Drop a V8 in there!

Or realistically..

Get it tuned up and running properly. make sure the cooling system is up to snuff and not running to hot.

Buy a new fuel filter.. they're like 10$. My Car Smoked really bad for a year and half until I got the valves adjusted.

K&N or similiar open element air filter.. I got one for 20$ off ebay

Get an intercooler.

The A/C probably doesn't work on a car that old anyway so you might as well take it off.

I think replacing the mechanical fan with an electric one should free up some horsepower.

That should be a good start

ha i hate seeing that lol its so ugly theirs a guy down the street from me that has a civic that has a really tall skinny wing on it every time i pass it i laugh ha so ugly!

I just bought a new fuel filter so i fixed that problem :D

my cars never smoked at all the thing passed emissions with flying colors i was amazed when i saw the results, so was the guy running the emissions test machine ha

And i already got a specter air filter, when i got the car the air filter had never been changed ha it was lookin real bad :/

And i already took the a/c out. Question the hose that came from the a/c pump that connected to whatever it is that comes out of the fire wall, should i plug that hole up?

And when i took the a/c off their was a electric fan i took off with it to, would that work as a replacement for the mechanical fan?

Well - at least you have the right motivation... :)

BOV's have nothing to do with PSI - they just help turbo response when you're on and off the throttle. (Keep reading and researching - seriously) In this car's case - keeping it sleeper is half the fun, so if you want to fit something - fit a bypass valve that vents back into the intake just in front of the turbo. Less noise - but better for performance.

All that stuff has to be done after stage 0. I know you're likely itching to make this car a beast, but if you don't listen to us, and you just go for broke you'll just end up perpetuating the stupid stereotype that the car is a POS. Instead of making a statement - you and your car will be a laughing stock if it blows up.

I've run my cars much to my friends disgust (I used to get teased a lot for liking these cars), but a few slaloms where the car was crazy fast and posted times rivaling some pretty fast cars and both myself and the car earned some decent respect. Had it blown up or something at an event - I'd never live it down.

Rabin

Well - at least you have the right motivation... :D

BOV's have nothing to do with PSI - they just help turbo response when you're on and off the throttle. (Keep reading and researching - seriously) In this car's case - keeping it sleeper is half the fun, so if you want to fit something - fit a bypass valve that vents back into the intake just in front of the turbo. Less noise - but better for performance.

All that stuff has to be done after stage 0. I know you're likely itching to make this car a beast, but if you don't listen to us, and you just go for broke you'll just end up perpetuating the stupid stereotype that the car is a POS. Instead of making a statement - you and your car will be a laughing stock if it blows up.

I've run my cars much to my friends disgust (I used to get teased a lot for liking these cars), but a few slaloms where the car was crazy fast and posted times rivaling some pretty fast cars and both myself and the car earned some decent respect. Had it blown up or something at an event - I'd never live it down.

Rabin

ya i have taken your advise and i have been reading a lot on this forum and other sites :)

and about the sleeper that's exactly! what im going for i think it would be hilarious! to have a real nice clean car that thinks hes all bad ass pull up next to me and then just humiliate the crap out of him lol it would be priceless :(

and yes i am really itching to make this car a beast but i am listening to you guys you all seem to know a hell of a lot about these cars and it would be stupid for me not to listen.

and about the slalom runs i live in NE Tacoma WA you guys probably don't know where that is but theirs a road that's called dash point that runs along the water and theirs not a foot on that road that is strait its about 10 miles long and the car proformas extremely well taking toughs turns, it surprised me :)

ha i hate seeing that lol its so ugly theirs a guy down the street from me that has a civic that has a really tall skinny wing on it every time i pass it i laugh ha so ugly!

I just bought a new fuel filter so i fixed that problem :(

my cars never smoked at all the thing passed emissions with flying colors i was amazed when i saw the results, so was the guy running the emissions test machine ha

And i already got a specter air filter, when i got the car the air filter had never been changed ha it was lookin real bad :/

And i already took the a/c out. Question the hose that came from the a/c pump that connected to whatever it is that comes out of the fire wall, should i plug that hole up?

And when i took the a/c off their was a electric fan i took off with it to, would that work as a replacement for the mechanical fan?

The Electric Fan comes on if you have the A/C on, or if the temperature goes over a certain point. You should probably put it back on to keep the car from overheating in traffic. It's not a big thing so it wont work as your only cooling fan. Probably an electric radiator fan from the junkyard would work.

More on fans

The Electric Fan comes on if you have the A/C on, or if the temperature goes over a certain point. You should probably put it back on to keep the car from overheating in traffic. It's not a big thing so it wont work as your only cooling fan. Probably an electric radiator fan from the junkyard would work.

More on fans

o ok ill do that then thanks

and how do i put a picture on hear like you guys have?

go to your ctrl panel, like all other forums.

whjy don't you also start uploading some pics, so we can get a better idea of what youre working with....

but yes, i must say stage zero is a MUST.

my own car is in major need of getting a major tune up.

i have a most parts in my closet, just need to get it all on and replaced.

for you, an intercooler is a neccessity.

you have a N9T, so with the ic you'd be running a N9TE setup...

guys, aren't there some write up's on here?

go to your ctrl panel, like all other forums.

whjy don't you also start uploading some pics, so we can get a better idea of what youre working with....

but yes, i must say stage zero is a MUST.

my own car is in major need of getting a major tune up.

i have a most parts in my closet, just need to get it all on and replaced.

for you, an intercooler is a neccessity.

you have a N9T, so with the ic you'd be running a N9TE setup...

i went to my controls and clicked on replace my picture and i got this

Sorry, the board administrator has not enabled your permissions for this part of the control pane, ???

are you volunteering to write an official 505turbo.com HOWTO on uploading images? :(

@dane: when you make a post, hit the "browse" button in the file attachments section (just below the main text area). once you've selected an image click on "add this attachment" button which will add the "image" where your cursor currently is... let us know if you have questions.

If you want a 13 sec car for cheap you cant beat a Fox body 5.0 'Stang.

i had one a while ago but it got stolen :( wasn't 13 sec though

but i want a rare 13 14sec car everybody has a mustang i want something nobody has :D