Brownie's cars

brownie

Thanks, that's a conincidence? Where did you live exactly?

Mauritslaan 14, Schaesberg (now part of Landgraaf), to be exact.

My Dad's ex-404 KF2 sedan was sold there in 1972 but it was getting rusty already at age 6..... He also had a 1972 US model 504 for 8 months while still there until August 1972, the plate was AFC 87512 (I still have that plate) and this was the Peugeot he imported to Canada in 1972 when we moved back home.

It has been fun collecting the 404 C VINs for the Registry, so please remember to have a peek under the hood if you see one at a car show and let me know the number ;) There are only three of these cars within 90 km of me (or probably 1900 km) and I already have their numbers!

• 3 years later...

Hi everybody,

Long time no see. I have to admit I kind of forgot about this forum. Have been busy with my new job and work on my new house. Anyway, time for some updates on my collection.

I always had a weak spot for the 204 and always want to have a convertible car. Due to the lack of 505 convertibles the 204 was second best for me, although quite rare too with 4000 produced. Nevertheless I have found one. A 1968 model, restaured in 1995 and still in great condition.

Grotefoto-XYSUOT4W.jpg

Another rare addition to my collection is this 405 Roland Garros, here in beautiful Toscany during my last holidays, a limited series with only 400 built as Break only, this is the only 405 equipped with the engine of the 205 1.9 GTI and all options available in the day except automatic transmission. So kind of a sports stationwagon. lol

Grotefoto-QCL4OSNL.jpg

And last but not least, my new SW8. I am always in search for the perfect 505. Last year or two I was looking for a 8 seater Familiale with Petrol engine with at least an automatic gearbox and cruise control. But automatic gearbox in europe is rare in a Break/Familiale and cruise control was rare for any car in the eighties in europe. So after two years never finding a euro spec car with these options, a friend of me offered me his SW8. US models are always better equipped than european ones. With the ZDJL engine, automatic gearbox, all electric windows and locking with remote, cruise control and airconditioning, this 505 is as complete in option as they can be. From 1991, it has driven only 60.000 miles. Coming months I will built in a radio with 10CD changer in the boot, also a rare item from that era. Photos are taken at an event a few years ago with the former owner behind the wheel and me (the bold guy) leaning against my GTDT of the time.

6427030221_444ff8c8ee_z.jpg

6427030691_8d0a342745_z.jpg

welcome back! that 204 looks great, would love to see more pictures of it when you get a chance.

andré

Thanks,

I will make some more pictures of the 204. I will give it a spin soon now the weather is better here in Holland. For now I have only these pictures of the 204 with very precious content. :D

Foto360-JYACMQAY.jpg

Foto360-CXHJP8FR.jpg

Got also these picture together with the 304 convertible of a collegue of me. My 204 is 100% original. He restored his car for his own taste. Other rear lights, head lights, seats from a Rover 75 etc. etc. Fortunately the bodywork is still very much Peugeot.

Foto360-SJIWHELE.jpg

Foto360-7AOP6TKW.jpg

Foto360-X8YJAEBZ.jpg

• 7 years later...

I took me some years, but I rediscovered the forum. I didn't know that the url has changed.

From my side also a lot of changes. I moved to an old farm with plenty of storage room. As a result, my collection did grew a lot:

My 505's: 3X V6 automatic, one SW8, one RHD GTI Familiale and one LHD GRI Familiale:

20220513.jpg

My cars from the 04 series:

104 GL6. Multiples times restaured: 4th engine, 3rd interieur etc. About 800.000km now!
204 cabriolet: restaured
504 pickup diesel: heavily used, but not rotten.
604 DTurbo: great original condition, 155.000km

20220510.jpg
20220511.jpg

Others:
403 Break diesel. 100% original, only 40.000km!
205 Accent 1.1 240.000km
My wives cars:
306 Cabriolet automatic 75.000km
205 SW automatic 200.000km

20220512.jpg

Wow - welcome back again, and what an entrance you made this time!

Collection looks great, and the new place looks amazing!  Do you have shop space there or were all the cars bought in current condition?

I have got a lot of rooms in various barns at the farm, so all cars can sleep inside. Also a nice place where I can work on the cars. But I have never really restored a car. I am looking all over Europe to find the well preserved ones. A bit of technical work is no problem, but bodywork is not my thing.

• 1 month later...