'88 505 Turbo tie rods

Guest ouigpt

Guest ouigpt
post-27-1212337335.jpg I started this in the Peugeot-L newsgroup{with some success}. I have removed the passenger side{US} tie rod assembly. The replacement that I received has identical inners and outers, but the center adjusting sleeve is about 2 inches shorter. When I attempt to locate correct part, I always come up with the same Beck/Arnley part number{even searching earlier and later years}. What is the correct part number? Does anyone know if I can find in house{USA}? Does anyone have a real nice NOS/used one? It has to be nice because the piece I want to replace passed a legit inspection. The car is "kinda primo" and I wish to keep it that way.

The vendors below on this forum are where I'd shop. I can highly recommend all of them - so give them a try. They know and love Peugeot's - and will know exactly which part you need to get you on the road.

From the pic it looks like mine was - so you can't just use the center section as the inner is pressed into the adjuster portion.

Rabin

• 10 years later...

Hi Victor!

They're going to be hard to find - I've got an idea to make 40mm screw in extensions so that you can use the standard size inner tie rod assemblies, but haven't had the chance to try it out. 

Basically need to use the old tie rod threads welded to 40mm of the old threaded inner sleeve.

Rabin